Per Erlandsson
msg tools
Unless I'm completely misstaken characters have their basic deck plus 1 extra card for each level (which they are stuck with). This means that most characters will lack 1 card from each level, assuming most pick between the two new higher level cards.

Looking at the Solo Scenario for one class [angry face, page 16] gives me the impression that the charecter can't kill the first monster unless it has a certain Level 2 card (which some wouldn't have picked).

Are charecters allowed to temporarily "respec" and pick new Ability Cards (following the rules ofc) for these scenarios? And is there any other way of respeccing your character in the normal campaign, except for skipping a high level Card to pick a lower level one?

The description in the Solo Scenario PDF saying "carefully pick your Ability Cards, Items and Perks for this scenario" gives me the impression that you are free to optimize your character, since you don't normally pick your perks before a scenario. (Unless this all refers to a newly created level 5+ character)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
perer005 wrote:
Unless I'm completely misstaken characters have their basic deck plus 1 extra card for each level (which they are stuck with). This means that most characters will lack 1 card from each level, assuming most pick between the two new higher level cards.

Looking at the Solo Scenario for one class [angry face, page 16] gives me the impression that the charecter can't kill the first monster unless it has a certain Level 2 card (which some wouldn't have picked).

Are charecters allowed to temporarily "respec" and pick new Ability Cards (following the rules ofc) for these scenarios? And is there any other way of respeccing your character in the normal campaign, except for skipping a high level Card to pick a lower level one?

The description in the Solo Scenario PDF saying "carefully pick your Ability Cards, Items and Perks for this scenario" gives me the impression that you are free to optimize your character, since you don't normally pick your perks before a scenario. (Unless this all refers to a newly created level 5+ character)
No, there is no rule that allows for free respecs.

You could level up and choose the card you feel you need. Or create a new character of that class and level them up to 5 or higher and use them instead.

For the one you're talking about, here are some suggestions:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You could try going late in the round every round, so that the enemy is not invisible when you take your turn. You can also still use any other doom on the enemy, which may help. You also could try using traps to force it to go where you want.

Quote:
This is both referring to making a new character and/or choosing your ability cards at the start of the scenario like normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Holland

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoilers for that scenario and class (Angry-Face)
Like, I'm going to use ability card names, you've been warned.

While Expose is *super-useful* in the entire scenario (turns out getting Advantage on all of your attacks is good...) it's not strictly necessary for the Hound. As David mentioned, you can go after it so it isn't Invisible. (Gains at start of round, so when it takes its turn, it's taken a turn with a status effect that isn't Poison/Wound, so the status effect expires.) Or, you can Doom it with Race to the Grave or Inescapable Fate and wait for it to die. Dooms don't require Line of Sight or Range, and don't target enemies, so you can use it even on Invisible enemies. You can also use the Retaliate on some other cards to deal it more damage.

I will say that the scenario gets way easier at Level 8 because you have access to the Move 2 Heal 5 action. My strategy was Expose for the Hound, Nature's Hunger (Top) for the Earth Demon, Piercing Bow for the Flame Demon (Shield 6? How about No.), Frightening Curse (Top) for the Vipers, and then just a ton of damage (and a certain item that helps against Muddle) for the Spitting Drake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug D
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is how I did my solo for that character.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25718755#25718755
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.