Pavlov's House» Forums » General

Subject: DVG Version Art and Eye Candy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
What art changes to the pics available online and on Kickstarter right now are planned for the DVG version?

I’m hoping at minimum for German maneuver units with action poses rather than casual rest!

Cheers and congrats on what should be a very successful retail release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam, the intent is to use the current art assets. However, if there is significant interest in minor changes like tweaking the silhouettes for the Wehrmacht cards, for example, that's doable. I would make the suggestion to Dan via the comments on the Kickstarter, and I can pass along your comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
David, fair enough.

Btw just a thought prompted by a post about the art on Facebook. Has this been tested for color blindness suitability? Red and green side-by-side?

It’s a condition I thankfully don’t suffer from, but I know it’s something a lot of designs this year have been careful with, Pericles for example opting for yellow to offset red.

Might want to have your artist and Dan check this.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam, I'll ask Dan about that - very good point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rhind
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Must. Stop. Buying. Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I for one am glad that not much seems to have changed in the art design! I like my PnP version but can't wait for the real thing.

It's a big build and requires a fair amount of components but it is worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.