Markus Lundin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm about to start ny first solo game against the bot (FNL).
Can someone please explain what the bots first move will be. And why? I'm reading the rules for the non player but I find the flow chart quite difficult to follow.

//Markus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Have you read the Non-Player Examples of Play in the Playbook?

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Jahr
Germany
Uelsby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you are playing the short scenario, the Bot will start with a Rally or March. Most likely with a Rally.

1. You begin at the "start" box at the top left and go along the arrows:
2. FLN is 1st eligable, the Bot isn't required to do a LimOp, so we follow the 'If None' arow
3. All Bases in Algeria have just one underground Guerrilla and we have to go along the 'no' arrow
4. The Govt. wasn't active so again 'no'
5. Rally wouldn't place a base, so we have to check the second condition. There are 8 Bases on the Map with 13 Guerrillas at those Bases. To those 13 Guerrillas you add 1d6/2(rounded down) Guerrillas and check if the number of Guerrillas is smaller than the number of Bases x2. So every roll except a 6 will result in a Rally. On a 6 the Bot would March.

I hope that helps a bit.

Could you explain a bit more in detail why you find the flowchart hard to follow? Maybe I can help out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sloop hmsstarling
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahah, thank you very much Matthias!

Your answer to the original question gave me a sudden insight on another aspect of the flow chart. In my Second Learning Game reported in another recent thread, whenever a C* card appeared and FLN was first eligible, I automatically selected the card, but after reading your explanation of how to start the flow chart, I now believe that I handled the C* cards incorrectly.

I now believe the way I should have played the C* cards was to see if the board state would send the action through the top two diamonds into the third diamond to test for Rally or March even if there is a C* card showing as the active card, or if the first or second diamond would send the action to Terror, and if none, only then take the C* event for FLN if it is effective.

I'm hopeful of starting a new game soon, and I'll be playing the Bot more properly this time around!

Thanks again!

Jan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Lundin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Örjan, thank you for guiding me to the playbook. I didn't realise there were exampels for the bot.

And Matthias, thank you for your clear and "easy-to-follow" asnswer. I will try to use the bot after reading the playbook examples. If I still struggle after that I will come back to you with eventual problems.

Thanks,

Markus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
weteor wrote:
Assuming you are playing the short scenario, the Bot will start with a Rally or March. Most likely with a Rally.

2. FLN is 1st eligable, the Bot isn't required to do a LimOp, so we follow the 'If None' arow
3. All Bases in Algeria have just one underground Guerrilla and we have to go along the 'no' arrow
5. Rally wouldn't place a base, so we have to check the second condition. There are 8 Bases on the Map with 13 Guerrillas at those Bases. To those 13 Guerrillas you add 1d6/2(rounded down) Guerrillas and check if the number of Guerrillas is smaller than the number of Bases x2. So every roll except a 6 will result in a Rally. On a 6 the Bot would March.

I hope that helps a bit.

Could you explain a bit more in detail why you find the flowchart hard to follow? Maybe I can help out.

Playing that exact same 1st turn at the moment. I need to do a rally so I added 2 guerrillas in each of the 4 spaces that have a FLN base but now what to do next?

The example in the playbook says there are no cubes that can be removed with a subvert action but on my gameboard Barika I-1 and Tebessa I-5 contain 1 underground Guerrilla and 1 Algerian police. Removing those 2 police cubes seems to be the logical move for the FLN. Am I correct that the FLN 1st turn (with less than 6 on the roll) would spend 4 resources, place 8 guerrillas and remove 2 Algerian police cubes?

In my next turn the government activated the Event card, Terror has no possible target so it looks like I have to do an Attack. The bot always has to leave 1 underground guerrilla at a base so can I only attack in spaces with a base by using Ambush or is it legal for the bot to keep 1 unit hidden?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
weteor wrote:

I hope that helps a bit.

I rolled a 6!! hahaha.

FLN did March and I moved a Guerrilla from Setif to Constantine -> Was that correct?? I assume not, because I think I should have moved as well a Guerrilla from Mostaganem or Tlecem to Oran, another from Orleansville to Algiers and one from Tunisia to Souk Ahras (even if they get active) of a total of 6 Resources. Could it be???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.