Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikko Linna
Finland
Helsinki
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my Tiny Epic Quest Game Mat from Gamelyn Games and I'm a little disappointed of the colors and layout.

I made with Paint quickly my version of that mat but I think I would break copyright if I showed that to you.

So I try to explain.

First: it is too pale. I would like it to be more colorful like the game itself. A big ocean with islands to put the cards and goblin tokens etc.

Second: The layout of cards and tokens is wrong. Quest cards are placed impractically. Right place would be in the right upper corner and movement cards would be placed then in the left upper corner. Goblins and round card would then fit below movement cards to the left side of the mat. No matter how many players play, I think Quest cards' location and position on the mat is unsuccessful.

So the new version would be awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't disagree. I've gotten use to the quests. If you play with others the quests will always be off to 3 out of the 4, unless you sit on the same side of the table. But, I really wish it had more color to it. I too made my own board:

I'm mostly a solo player so I have the solo side of the Magic track printed on the map. One less thing.

I find it funny that the instructions show how to set up the map then on this mat it's kinda backwards. Doesn't really effect anything playwise I guess but I feel like there are 2 official ways to set up the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oran Barraclough
Australia
Windang
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't mind that the mat is a bit dull. Once all bright vibrant cards are placed out it all looks amazing. If the mat was just as bright it would make it hard to look at.
My only niggle is that the art on the mat seems a bit low res. But that might have something to do with printing on fabric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Linna
Finland
Helsinki
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that would be hard to look if there was brighter ocean and land. If there was much going on, I could understand the problem. I wish only a nice looking blue sea and a green grass field that would make the mat look more alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Ch
United States
California
flag msg tools
Any chance you can share the source material? I'd like to make a copy of the board for myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.