• [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
"There's a right way and a wrong way to protest, and not standing for the national anthem is the wrong way. It's just wrong. Also, any other form of peaceful protest by black people is also wrong. So wrong."

Fuck you FoxNews!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
"There's a right way and a wrong way to protest, and not standing for the national anthem is the wrong way. It's just wrong. Also, any other form of peaceful protest by black people is also wrong. So wrong."

Fuck you FoxNews!!!

My favorite was when they say, gasp, it's trickling down to small children. Won't someone think of the children?! not kneeling for the national anthem?

Meanwhile, won't someone please try and use some understanding for the people chanting, "Blood and soil!" and "Jews will not replace us!" They just are concerned about history and stuff. No concern for any children, learning to chant those words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretender to the Throne of Alsace-Lorraine
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I really think that if and when historians write about the downfall of America, the rise of blatantly partisan conservative media, first talk radio, followed by Fox News, will have a prominent place in the discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
I really think that if and when historians write about the downfall of America, the rise of blatantly partisan conservative media, first talk radio, followed by Fox News, will have a prominent place in the discussion.

Meanwhile, we're to believe liberal media is fake news, while the President lies basically almost every single day, by omission or just explicitly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:

No, in that scenario the history will be written by the successors to Fox News who will probably describe it as the harbinger of the glorious new world. Or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
toku42 wrote:

No, in that scenario the history will be written by the successors to Fox News who will probably describe it as the harbinger of the glorious new world. Or something like that.

Quote:
We are at war with EastAsia. We have always been at war with EastAsia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully the protests during the national anthem continue to grow and eventually they just stop engaging in nationalistic flag worship rituals before every football game. Doesn't the Christian god get pissed off at people for worshiping false idols?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Hopefully the protests during the national anthem continue to grow and eventually they just stop engaging in nationalistic flag worship rituals before every football game. Doesn't the Christian god get pissed off at people for worshiping false idols?

I keep thinking the same thing re the upset about statues of dead guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:

At least in the Catholic version, its the Number One Commandment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:

When discussing plans of what will be happening after church, I will say that I intend to worship at the altar of the Church of the NFL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Professional Agitation Consultant... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
sfox wrote:

Nah he is to busy fixing the game for the side that prays to him and then placing a bet at his local bookie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
sfox wrote:

Nah he is to busy fixing the game for the side that prays to him and then placing a bet at his local bookie.

"Remember my son, it is not whether you win or lose that is important. What is important is that you cover the spread"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping that one day a stadium PA technician gets fed up and walks off the job after putting the National Anthem on a loop. Anyone who was to stop that loop would be just as unpatriotic as the kneelers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Professional Agitation Consultant... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
JohnnyOffice wrote:
I'm hoping that one day a stadium PA technician gets fed up and walks off the job after putting the National Anthem on a loop. Anyone who was to stop that loop would be just as unpatriotic as the kneelers.

hell , if you want to be that cruel just send them to a baseball game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretender to the Throne of Alsace-Lorraine
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
growlley wrote:
JohnnyOffice wrote:

hell , if you want to be that cruel just send them to a baseball game.

You're a monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:
sfox wrote:

I keep thinking the same thing re the upset about statues of dead guys traitors.

Fixed your post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as we're on the topic of sports and the national anthem, I'd like to remember my all-time favorite Olympic moment:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Going thirty-eight, Dan, chill the f*** out. Mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down.
mbmbmbmbmb
bowen wrote:
As long as we're on the topic of sports and the national anthem, I'd like to remember my all-time favorite Olympic moment:

Awesome moment, and good on Peter Norman who came and supported the salute by wearing the human rights badge, and despite qualifying 13 times for the next Olympics was not picked by the Australian team. Who said sport wasn't political.
Great documentary about the event called 'Salute', and Smith and Carlos were pall bearers at Norman's funeral. Norman eventually got an official apology from the Australian goverment in 2012, 6 years after he died. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
IOC President's responses to salutes.
Following the salutes in 1968,
International Olympic Committee (IOC) president Avery Brundage deemed it to be a domestic political statement unfit for the apolitical, international forum the Olympic Games were intended to be. In response to their actions, he ordered Smith and Carlos suspended from the US team and banned from the Olympic Village.
Brundage, who was president of the United States Olympic Committee in 1936, had made no objections against Nazi salutes during the Berlin Olympics. He argued that the Nazi salute, being a national salute at the time, was acceptable in a competition of nations, while the athletes' salute was not of a nation and therefore unacceptable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olympics_Black_Power_salu...

cf Benching of USA Jewish relay runners at 1936 Olympic Games.

Bribery of Brundage or just happy to do business with the Nazi government of Germany?

Brundage's papers contain a 1938 letter from Hans von Tschammer und Osten, the president of the German Olympic Committe, in which he tells Brundage that his Chicago construction firm has been chosen to help build the German embassy in Washington because of his 'friendly attitude toward German sports'.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/feb/22/marktran

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmb
petegs wrote:
bowen wrote:

Awesome moment, and good on Peter Norman who came and supported the salute by wearing the human rights badge, and despite qualifying 13 times for the next Olympics was not picked by the Australian team. Who said sport wasn't political.
Great documentary about the event called 'Salute', and Smith and Carlos were pall bearers at Norman's funeral. Norman eventually got an official apology from the Australian goverment in 2012, 6 years after he died. :shake:

Used as the cover of an SBS 'zine in the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
“I couldn’t see why a black man couldn’t drink the same water from a water fountain, take the same bus or go to the same school as a white man.
There was a social injustice that I couldn’t do anything for from where I was, but I certainly hated it.
It has been said that sharing my silver medal with that incident on the victory dais detracted from my performance.
On the contrary, I have to confess, I was rather proud to be part of it”.
- Peter Norman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb
Favorite line in the video:

Quote:
"There's this emphasis on multiculturalism at any cost."

The mantra of the scared white nationalist bully. Multiculturalism is a bad thing only in the mind of bigoted haters with double-digit IQ's.

The severe delusional viewpoint of the white nationalist supremacists intrigues me a little... they tend to talk in terms of multiculturalism as if this is some new or impending trend, as opposed to the way our country's always been. The term "The Melting Pot" wasn't coined just last month, was it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
theapostlegreen wrote:
Favorite line in the video:

Quote:
"There's this emphasis on multiculturalism at any cost."

The mantra of the scared white nationalist bully. Multiculturalism is a bad thing only in the mind of bigoted haters with double-digit IQ's.

The severe delusional viewpoint of the white nationalist supremacists intrigues me a little... they tend to talk in terms of multiculturalism as if this is some new or impending trend, as opposed to the way our country's always been. The term "The Melting Pot" wasn't coined just last month, was it?

They also repeat the mantra "identity politics" as a pejorative when the right has been advocating for "white identity" longer than anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Dearlove wrote:
toku42 wrote:

Quote:
We are at war with EastAsia. We have always been at war with EastAsia

Oceania is at war with Eurasia. It has always been at war with Eurasia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.