Merchants & Marauders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on bounties rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dillon Tener
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
I'm confused about how multiple bounties work. Do you only move the bounty flags up the track if you get one from a new country? If I have 1 French bounty and then attack an English ship, does the French bounty move up to 2 and the English bounty take the 1 place? Then, in this instance, what occurs if I attack another English ship? Do I add another English flag or put the English flag on top of the level 2 French one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Meyer
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Only one flag per nation is used. It moves up one space (to a maximum of 5) each time you attack a ship belonging to that nation. It is possible to have flags of several nations on the same space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you only move the bounty flags up the track if you get one from a new country?
No, because each country requires its own flag on your bounty track.

What occurs if I attack another English ship? Do I add another English flag or put the English flag on top of the level 2 French one?

Yes, annoyingly, they stack on top of each other.
I half stack / overlap them so people can see what flags are in which positions.

I too found that confusing at the start. modest

$ You can get quite a good sum from beating pirates with many bounties. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.