Hide
3 Posts

Twilight of the Gods» Forums » General

Subject: Timing Example - pg 16, clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Laessig
msg tools
On page 16 of the Rulebook, there is a box that describes three Timing Examples. The first example begins with: "Bill Destroys a Creature so that he can Manifest a Lesser Aspect".

Can you please clarify how Bill does that? Ie, what card/ability/rule allows him to Destroy his Creature... and what card/ability/rule is he using that allows him to Manifest an Aspect.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vestal
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not specified, it's just an example for timing purposes. It's just saying that slaying a creature in response negates any effects that required that creature that resolve after it is slain.

So, for example, I have a Temple of Magi with 8 damage tokens on it, and I go to use it's ability to destroy it to shuffle my discard stack into my life stack. In response you play Rubble, and slay my Temple of Magi. Your Rubble resolves first, my Temple is slain, and my Temple stays in my discard (not destroyed) and I don't get to shuffle my discard stack I to my life stack.

It's a useful example to keep in mind for Magic players, where the rules for this situation are different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kluwe
msg tools
David is correct, the rulebook example is just a generic "Here's a situation, here's how it resolves."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.