Subject: Is there a two-player variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The box says 3-6 players, and the rules seem to focus on four-player games, with a three-player variant.

I bought this because I was led to believe it was basically snap with more thinking involved, so I was expecting something more two-player centric.

Has anyone played it two-player? Does it work? Were there any rule changes required?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew innes
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hi Matthew

I'm the creator of Anomia. You can definitely play a two-player version.

Basically, you need to understand how the regular game works for three or more players. Then, in the two-player variant, each player defends two Play Piles, instead of one.

Draw cards, one at a time, and if there is a symbol match or Wild Card match, then you face off just like the regular game.

Note: If you draw a card that matches a symbol on your own side, then both players attempt to give an example of the just-drawn card.

Essentially, you are replicating a 4-player game for two people.

Hope that helps!

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anomiapress wrote:
Hi Matthew

I'm the creator of Anomia. You can definitely play a two-player version.

Basically, you need to understand how the regular game works for three or more players. Then, in the two-player variant, each player defends two Play Piles, instead of one.

Draw cards, one at a time, and if there is a symbol match or Wild Card match, then you face off just like the regular game.

Note: If you draw a card that matches a symbol on your own side, then both players attempt to give an example of the just-drawn card.

Essentially, you are replicating a 4-player game for two people.

Hope that helps!

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. Good work on the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.