Hide
5 Posts

The Big Book of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Curses that make you Discard do not state hand or support rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Macmichael
msg tools
If the book lands on a curse that says "Each player discards a Water card." and you don't have any water cards in your hand or support, but another player does have a water card in their support, are you forced to discard the other player's water card from the support pool to pay for the effect?

On the same topic, do you even have to discard a water from your own support? Just saying 'discards a water card' seems a little ambiguous since in most games you only discard what's in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it that unless it specifies support you do not have to discard since there are other curses/monsters that specify both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When it says only discard I read it as 'discard from hand' and if I don't have that card in hand I do not discard from support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Discard" means from your hand, unless otherwise specified.

The FAQ
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/131375/faq-cheat-sheet-st...
is extremely thorough, here's the entry on the Curse you mentioned:
"Each player discards 1 FIRE/AIR/EARTH/WATER card.
Each player who has at least one card of the indicated Element in hand must choose one to discard. Cards in the support pool cannot be discarded. If a player doesn’t have the indicated Element in hand, this Curse doesn’t affect him."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Macmichael
msg tools
Thanks for the FAQ link! I missed noticing it and it is indeed helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.