Wasteland Express Delivery Service» Forums » General

Subject: Questions after first playthrough rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Shelton
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I love the game so far but my friend and I had a rough time during our first playthrough and I had some questions as to whether we weren't doing some things right or not.

First off, we played free play and one of contracts was Bailout and we were playing with the promo pack.

We both completed bailout then got hit by the raider event card that hits us and takes 3 dollars.

This led to a weird situation as I had Gat and had been negligent about my health and no longer had any open, undamaged storage spaces. I know I never "die" but I was unsure as to how I could get money to repair my truck so I could carry cargo at that point.

My friend was in a similar situation after losing to a raider truck after the event.

Did we do something wrong, just unlucky, or screwed ourselves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyu915 wrote:
I love the game so far but my friend and I had a rough time during our first playthrough and I had some questions as to whether we weren't doing some things right or not.

First off, we played free play and one of contracts was Bailout and we were playing with the promo pack.

We both completed bailout then got hit by the raider event card that hits us and takes 3 dollars.

This led to a weird situation as I had Gat and had been negligent about my health and no longer had any open, undamaged storage spaces. I know I never "die" but I was unsure as to how I could get money to repair my truck so I could carry cargo at that point.

My friend was in a similar situation after losing to a raider truck after the event.

Did we do something wrong, just unlucky, or screwed ourselves?

There is the city where you can use the outpost action to simply take money. The Coffers I think we called it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you pushed your trucks to the limit and then got unlucky. Tough break, but not insurmountable (as Ben noted above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shelton
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Awesome thank you. We totally missed that.

I forgot my second question in my original post.

MMy friend had a delivery from one side of the map to the other.

Can we take 4 consecutive move actions in a round and if so do we still get to use our momentum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M
msg tools
No, there's only spaces for 3 movement actions in a row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Hayes
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
Superbowl Champions!
badge
It's an onion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyu915 wrote:

Can we take 4 consecutive move actions in a round and if so do we still get to use our momentum?

YES. Every movement after the 3rd movement moves at that same, max, speed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Jones
United States
Wauwatosa
WISCONSIN
flag msg tools
Sean
badge
Sean
mbmbmbmbmb
jsteedhayes wrote:
Kyu915 wrote:

YES. Every movement after the 3rd movement moves at that same, max, speed.

This. You may move as many times as you'd like, but your vehicle has a top speed after "shifting" up to the third movement space (5, normally).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.