Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Kissell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the demo of this at GenCon, and plan to do a write up soon.

One question I have is whether the game can solve the problem of 3 players in a conflict game, where two players can gang up on one. Forbidden Stars is currently my go to for 3p, as the Warp Storms and distributed objectives makes this impossible.

I didn't take a good look at the win conditions, so maybe they keep two players from ganging up on the other? Anyone else who demoed have any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Mai
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to it!

There was a demo of it at PAX West, you could only play one barbarian cycle's worth of turns, but it seemed to touch all the aspects of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My sense is that it's primarily NOT a conflict game. There is competition, and some direct conflict, but victory conditions are based on meeting objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
My sense is that it's primarily NOT a conflict game. There is competition, and some direct conflict, but victory conditions are based on meeting objectives.

I do agree. However, there certainly is combat, so it seems to be possible that one player can continually hound just one other player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.