Subject: Any tips on organizing cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Larabell
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
With deck building in mind I'm not sure I've organized my cards the best way. It has been years since I played and hardly remember how to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StoneRyno wrote:
With deck building in mind I'm not sure I've organized my cards the best way. It has been years since I played and hardly remember how to play.

I have started reorganizing my cards. I am breaking them down into two boxes -- Inner Sphere and Clan -- and the diving into Command, Mission, and Mech cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Larabell
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
PhilReed wrote:
StoneRyno wrote:

I have started reorganizing my cards. I am breaking them down into two boxes -- Inner Sphere and Clan -- and the diving into Command, Mission, and Mech cards.

Aside from if command or mission cards are keyword clan or inner sphere do you break them down further? Like command resource, command subterfuge, command enhancement terrain to use a few examples?

Currently I have some 30 give or take categories almost breaking things down to the keywords and not lumping mission clan jade falcon with the more generic mission clan. I don't remember the rules well enough to know if certain keywords can't be used in the same deck or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StoneRyno wrote:
PhilReed wrote:
StoneRyno wrote:

Aside from if command or mission cards are keyword clan or inner sphere do you break them down further? Like command resource, command subterfuge, command enhancement terrain to use a few examples?

I haven't gone that fine with it. I worry I would need dozens of individual boxes if I'm not careful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Larabell
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
PhilReed wrote:

I haven't gone that fine with it. I worry I would need dozens of individual boxes if I'm not careful.

That was basically my concern. Is it really necessary to do so. After skimming through the rule book the level of universe compliance is up to the players since it is an optional rule so if one so chose to do house or clan specific compliance they could if all players agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Samet
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
So in terms of faction compliance, decks must be constructed with a chosen clan or inner sphere house and all cards must include that faction or be unaffiliated.

My collection is over 20,000 cards and I organize them in the following fashion:

First by expansion, then into Mechs / Units, Commands, Missions, and Resources (if applicable). Finally I further divide each of the previous 4 categories by Common / Uncommon / Rare. It obviously isn't the quickest in terms of being organized by functionality, but combined with the excel spreadsheet available here on BGG, which I have used and fully cataloged my collection with, I can find any card I want very quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Larabell
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
David58921 wrote:

My collection is over 20,000 cards and I organize them in the following fashion:

Wow I only have about half that much.We might have to do some trading assuming you don't have all the cards you want in the quantities you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Samet
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I am always open to discussing trades. I'm still looking to maintain / work on my collection for deck-building purposes, but I obviously have many cards with more than I need and have been doing a lot of buying / selling / trading recently.

A message is heading your way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.