Hide
8 Posts

Attack on Titan: The Last Stand» Forums » Rules

Subject: Eren ability timing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergio Peña
msg tools
Does his ability trigger after the first roll? Or after the rolling phase is over? If it is before the end of the rolling phase, can other players re roll the dice Eren gave to them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Eren can give the die at any time during his turn...
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26511278#26511278.
... so, after the first roll, or after it's re-rolled, or it can even be the skull dice that Eren gets back from the Titan for that one final roll.

But, can the players re-roll the dice Eren gave them... I play they can, a couple others in another thread said they don't allow this... we're still waiting for official word on that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Peña
msg tools
Thank you! So could you even wait for the titan to reveal his second attack? Like to se where the titan will attack, and then give your dodge dice to the targeted players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain2306 wrote:
So could you even wait for the titan to reveal his second attack? Like to se where the titan will attack, and then give your dodge dice to the targeted players?

Yep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake
msg tools
Hmm I wonder about this. Per the rules Eren's ability says "after rolling" which, rolling occurs in step 2 and step 4. Step 5 is "resolve action cards"' I've played that dice must be given out before cards are "resolved"/revealed or "after rolling". If he can give them away even during the resolve phase... I feel like that text about after rolling maybe shouldn't be there because he could essentially give them away at any point in the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The link I gave is the publisher of the game verifying that Eren can give the dice at any time during his turn. Not that it's not impossible for them to be wrong, but unless the designers themselves chime in, that's the "official" word we have so far.

But, even so, step 5 is also "after rolling", since step 5 is after step 2 and 4, so even that doesn't contradict the rules as written.

I think the 'after rolling' just means Eren has to roll all his dice at least once (so there is at least one shot at him rolling a Titan face with it) but after that he can give 1 die to each person, at any point, up until he uses it himself or until the end of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake
msg tools
Fair enough, I didn't click the link to see the publisher response. I just found it odd to put "after rolling" because we know everyone has to roll their dice at least once. To me it would have been more clear had it just omitted that line. But as you pointed out, unless the developers chime in, that's the official response, dice can be given at any time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Bonnaffoux
France
flag msg tools
In the french rules booklet, it is explicitely written that Eren's ability triggers at the end of Step 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.