1 Posts

Shogun» Forums » General

Subject: Using glue on the cube tower? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Farr
New South Wales
flag msg tools
I used some white/wood glue on the sides of the cube tower to keep it together, mostly because the one I got was not that willing to stay put. It's no big deal, very little glue, very thinly applied. You can't even see that glue was used, but it has made the sides of the tower sturdier than they would have been without it.

Then I got to thinking about the ledges inside the tower. The cardboard sections that constitute these ledges are quite loose fitting. You can slide them around a fair bit just by pushing on the protrusions. I was thinking that this loose fit was by design, to allow the shifting of the ledges to add to the chaos, sometimes holding up cubes on the left, sometimes on the right, and so forth. Then it occurred to me that they might also contribute to how easily cubes are dislodged if anyone sneezes in the tower's direction.

Do you think that a light application of glue to secure the "ledge plates" in place would make the cube results less random? It feels as though it could have an impact. There are plenty dice towers with fixed, rigid interiors, but then they're not designed to hold up dice or release others, just jostle them around some as they fall through.

Anyone used glue on their tower and found that it altered the results? Anyone have any thought on this (besides that I have issues - I already know that)?

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.