Lord of the Rings» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First Time in the Fellowship (4-player) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yours Truly,
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
Game: Lord of the Rings
Date: July 14, 2007
Players: Myself, Beth, Crysta, Jenne

Beth was the only one who had played the game before, so she served as a sort of “Gandalf” role, leading and advising our fellowship. She played Sam, I was Frodo, Crysta was Pippen, and Jenne was Merry.

Our travels went smoothly at first, passing through Bag End and Rivendell. We even made it through our first scenario board, Moria, faster than I thought we would. I think it was at this point that Sam became the ring-bearer.

Prior to this, we had played a long (first-timers) game of Settlers, followed by a lengthy dinner, so we were all a little bleary by now. I think this finally started to catch up with us in Moria, because Sauron started advancing rapidly, and we all quickly started to become more corrupt as well. We barely made it out of Helms Deep, and in Shelob’s lair we really got into trouble. Sam (still the ring-bearer) was face-to-face against Sauron, and had to retreat a space, only to immediately be pushed forward again. sauron At this point, Frodo sacrificed by moving 3 spaces forward, standing by Sam in front of Sauron. This led to Frodo’s untimely death, followed in the next turn by the final corruption of the ring-bearer:

This game was unlike anything I’ve played before. The artwork is stunning, and they did a nice job of integrating the theme. I will surely be playing this again; in fact, I’d like to make this a “main event” game sometime, when everyone’s fresh and sharp!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.