Subject: Storage? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt Van Genechten
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I received my English copy last friday from the Lookout Shop.
I already managed to get in a few plays over the weekend. This expansion adds so much! (Especially since I`m going Solo for now). I love the idea that you have specific goals to accomplish.

Anyway, the problem / question:

Anybody has some nice and practical way of storing the game + expansions? (2nd coming at Spiel) This tuckbox for the expansion is already started to show some wear, and I`m afraid it won`t survive for long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I repurposed an expansion box from Race for the Galaxy. (I also like using cubes instead of the card backs for resources.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:
(I also like using cubes instead of the card backs for resources.)

What do you do with the cards that become cubes? Do you re-introduce those cards back into the game when the cubes are spent and in the correct order from each building?

If not, this does change the distribution of available cards/resources/hidden information and push your luck element of how cards are made available again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dyepbr wrote:
cafin8d wrote:
(I also like using cubes instead of the card backs for resources.)

What do you do with the cards that become cubes? Do you re-introduce those cards back into the game when the cubes are spent and in the correct order from each building?

If not, this does change the distribution of available cards/resources/hidden information and push your luck element of how cards are made available again.

I wouldn't think that's worth worrying about. The designer has said as much in a discussion on using cubes somewhere before. I would just discard the cards on the normal discard pile and take the appropriate number of cubes. (I assume this is the same way you're supposed to use the 5x goods cards in the expansion as well.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Spatho wrote:

I wouldn't think that's worth worrying about. The designer has said as much in a discussion on using cubes somewhere before. I would just discard the cards on the normal discard pile and take the appropriate number of cubes. (I assume this is the same way you're supposed to use the 5x goods cards in the expansion as well.)

Yes, cubes work good here (in contrast to a replacement of money in Port Royal, where it's an advantage, that not all cards come into play).

Great storage solution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Alex!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Genechten
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:
I repurposed an expansion box from Race for the Galaxy. (I also like using cubes instead of the card backs for resources.)

Wow surprise That looks great! Wish I was that handy.
How did you change the box cover?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fonza wrote:
How did you change the box cover?

Color printer and spray-adhesive. If the edges of the paper start to come up, you can also wrap it in clear sticky-backed plastic.

See the 'cosmic run' example:
Incredible Shrinking Games, or How to Remove Dead Air

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved my copy and keep it in two Ultra Pro Deck Boxes (a Pro-Dual and a regular size one for the expansion). If I remember correctly, I had it all in a single Deck Box, but it wasn't the right shade of blue for me... lol. I like the lighter blue that matches the box colour more closely, and I plan to get one of the bigger Deck Boxes in the future. It's not fancy, but it works well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.