Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Osvalds
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Session Report:
THE LEGEND OF ROBIN HOOD:

Lori and I played a series of ROBIN HOOD games. I played the sheriff in all three games. I also showed her the article in THE GENERAL to help her with strategy as well.

GAME ONE: This was a learning game for LORI, so I was offering advice on moves and objectives for the outlaw player. She proved to be a quick study, because she successfully looted two of my castles, and robbed plenty of travelers in the forest of Sherwood. She also pushed my treasury down to 4 gold marks, before joining King Richard and Robin in the same space to claim victory, achieving three objectives to win the game. GAME TIME: 45 minutes.

GAME TWO: I was determined this time to protect my castles. I played more conservatively and protected the travelers. In addition, I taxed the villages the entire game with little exception. I built the sheriffs treasury to 38 marks. I also hovered with a large army around Little John, preventing his recruitment. Lori successfully married Robin and Marion, and then looted Lincoln Castle with a group which included Robin. Luckily, Prince John arrived early via random event phase, and immediately announced the Archery Tournament. Poor Robin was in no position to reach Nottingham Green in two movement phases, so I reclaimed 5 Gold. Near the end of the game, I nearly captured Marion with a swift troop containing a Knight and two Kings Forester units. Robin stalled the meeting with Richard to defend Marion, and managed to kill all three units with the loss of only one Merry Man unit! The game reached the 30th turn when she united Robin and Richard, however, the outlaw treasury had only 14 marks (instead of the needed 20), and the sheriff had 38. Because only 2 of the 4 conditions were met for Robin, this was a victory for the Sheriff. GAME TIME: 90 minutes.

GAME THREE: This was a quick game! Robin tried to recruit Little John at the time when the Sheriff of Nottingham was recruiting Sir Guy. However Little John decided that he did NOT want to be recruited that turn so Robin Lingered in place. I took that opportunity to attack the brigand with a large army. I survived the dangerous volley of archery to crush the force and capture Munch, but Robin managed to escape. A few turns later, I attacked Robin (who was alone), but I first surrounded him, and thus assured a capture, leaving Lori with only Will Stutly. She could not bring enough forces against my army to survive (and rescue) Robin. 2 turns later, Robin was hung in the nearby town to the “joy” of its people, and an automatic victory in the 11th turn for me. GAME TIME: 20 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.