Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Fox
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone - I'm looking to see if anyone has heard of an event supposedly coming up on Madrid this December? We received an email at the office today that read as follows:

-----------------------

We are pleased to inform you that on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of December 2017 will take place in Madrid the Ist edition of GAME ON. An event organized 100% by Asmodee where we expect to receive the visit of over 4.000 attendees per day.

It will be a fair and convention where the main players in the industry will meet. A meeting point for the sector and platform for knowledge and content exchange, exhibition, training and innovation.

GAME ON will be celebrated in a unique and exclusive venue of the capital, known as La Nave. It is a multipurpose space of 22,000 m2, an old elevator factory, newly renovated and adapted for major events.

Among the multitude of activities that will be carried out, attendees will find an exhibition area, games demos, conferences room, organized game area, VIP area, food trucks and many more surprises.

Given this, we consider you a key player in this ambitious project and we would like to count on your presence at GAME ON.
In order to exhibit at the fair, we offer you the exhibition space at no costs. We consider this a startup edition, and we want to minimize the commitment and the investment from your side, for which ASMODEE assumes the exhibition floor´s cost, giving you the opportunity to participate in the congress at the lowest cost possible.

Furthermore, for this first edition, we are also offering you a discount on the construction of a 12m2 modular carpentry stand.
The cost, with the applied discount, is 900.00 € + VAT (the initial price is 1200 €, which will be applicable for future editions).
The customization of this space can be proposed and produced by our team (under request) or can be customized by yourself with your own materials.

Likewise, we invite you to take into consideration the possibility of participating as an event sponsor (optional). Shortly, you will receive a Sponsorship dossier with different alternatives.

We need all your help in order not only to give an important boost to your presence in our country, but to be able to lay the foundations of what we hope will be the most important event of its kind in Spain.

In order to confirm your attendance, obtain your stand´s location or more information about the fair, please contact us at:

Exhibitors Attention
[removed email and phone number]

We will gladly assist you with any questions or doubts you might have.

Best regards,
Game On Team

-----------------------

Now, we get emails like this a lot. New conventions start up all the time, some with publisher support, but something didn't seem quite right here. I checked their site and that feeling was amplified somewhat. There's Lorem Ipsum text all over the place, and the speakers listed for a tabletop event are spectacularly irrelevant - co-founders of Twitter and the CEO of Starbucks probably wouldn't know what Catan was if it smacked them on the head. Check for yourself: http://gameonmadrid.com

So yeah, it all feels very suspicious. However, I'd like to see if anyone local has heard of this event coming up? Anything that you know that might settle my nerves? I've emailed them back with questions of my own, but I'm not holding out much hope of a response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Esteban
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Need a Sloth?
mbmbmbmbmb
First notice I have about this, and I agree it feels a little strange... Website is a bit "empty" and, as you said, speakers are not from the boardgame industry.
I will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the info anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sabuk
msg tools
Ask Asmodee

http://www.asmodee.es

If it is a fake they told you. They are a nice people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Javier - I have the feeling it's a scam, but I'd sooner be proven wrong and go to a great city for an awesome convention

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sabuk wrote:
Ask Asmodee

http://www.asmodee.es

If it is a fake they told you. They are a nice people.

Already dropped them an email, Sabuk - awaiting a response. We work with Asmodee, so I would have thought we'd have been informed about it already. However, it may have just slipped through the net. We'll see!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sabuk
msg tools
If is real, eill be a very good new for Madrid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose M. Garcia
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First news as well, I will keep an eye on it also, could be great if it is real.

And the web site is almost empty...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Esteban
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Need a Sloth?
mbmbmbmbmb
idlemichael wrote:
Thanks Javier - I have the feeling it's a scam, but I'd sooner be proven wrong and go to a great city for an awesome convention

If it is true, I can assure you we will meet there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fiomtec
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Watcha looking at?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sent a mail to the people at La Nave, let's see if they get back to me.

It would be great to have another BG event in Madrid, and a big one by the looks of it. I'll be crossing my fingers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I'm assuming the worst, hoping for the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Miquel
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
I've worked several years as a web developer. They must have finished it very recently, and the clients are too lazy to add real content. The speakers are clearly the ones the developer add to show the web (John Super Doe?).

Anyway, I hope this is real. I live in Madrid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks real, there's gonna be an official press event / presentation this Friday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Fernandez
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
badge
Ludo Ergo Sum
mbmbmbmbmb
It is an actual Convention. It will be presented on Ludo Ergo Sum X:

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Esteban
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Need a Sloth?
mbmbmbmbmb
kabutor wrote:

Could you share the link, please? Hype is growing in my gaming group and I need proof of its existence cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Fernandez
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
badge
Ludo Ergo Sum
mbmbmbmbmb
http://gameonmadrid.com/ here is the link. It will be presented the 8th at Ludo Ergo Sum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think soliciting exhibitors possibly should have been done after the site went live (see what PAX Unplugged did) because pretty much everyone I know who was contacted was immediately suspicious that there was no information - myself included. However, having had confirmation that it *is* happening, that's great news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Esteban
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Need a Sloth?
mbmbmbmbmb
itus wrote:
http://gameonmadrid.com/ here is the link. It will be presented the 8th at Ludo Ergo Sum.

There's now a "coming soon" message on the site... So, there is no official communication in the Internet?

idlemichael wrote:
I think soliciting exhibitors possibly should have been done after the site went live (see what PAX Unplugged did) because pretty much everyone I know who was contacted was immediately suspicious that there was no information - myself included. However, having had confirmation that it *is* happening, that's great news!

The same thing happened in my gaming group... They should have begin with the "coming soon" directly. Also, I'm not able to find any kind of communication via Google or Asmodee or La N@ve or LES or the City Council of Madrid. BUT let's hope it's for real ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fiomtec
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Watcha looking at?
mbmbmbmbmb
Samarian wrote:
kabutor wrote:

Could you share the link, please? Hype is growing in my gaming group and I need proof of its existence cool

This tweet is all there is for now:

The GameOn website has now been closed and only shows "coming soon". Let's hope the next time it opens they've taken the time to input all the info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fiomtec
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Watcha looking at?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, the website is live again, and looks like it is in better shape (no wrong info, although still several In Construction pages).

They're saying they will give an official presentation today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.