Popular Tags: [View All]
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a US shipping math trade. To participate you must be able to receive at a US address. If you are shipping from outside the US, you must explicitly disclose this.

DATES
Deadline to submit offers: Sunday, September 10th, 12:30 AM Pacific
Deadline to submit wants: Sunday, September 17th, 12:30 AM Pacific
**Please note the AM deadlines.**

Shipping: Should you not specify any shipping conditions, you bear the full shipping cost to any US address. You may not list any shipping conditions that pertain to the contiguous 48 states. Item's that you'll be sending via USPS flat rate or 1st class ship for the same amount to all 50 states. The less you restrict your shipping, the more potential you have that it will trade. That is all that will be said about the matter. cool

Trade Geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/229595/september-17-us-ma...
Wishlist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/229597/september-17-us-ma...

MATH TRADE RULES AND GUIDELINES:

OLWLG REQUIRED
1. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this math trade. (http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/) Please get comfortable with it before the end of the trade. If you have questions, I suggest you post them in the discussion thread (link above). Myself or other users are happy to help you. There are several useful links to help you learn how to use the OLWLG at the bottom of this post.

ITEMS ALLOWED
2. Board and card games, BGG-related items, RPG items, video games, cash equivalent items (gift certificates, PayPal, etc.), and Geek Gold are allowed in this math trade. Cash equivalent items will need to be entered in the marketplace so BGG can collect their 3% commission for sales. Click here for more information on these Guidelines.

ARBITRAGE
3. Absolutely no GC/GG arbitrage, meaning you may not trade any gift card or GG lot for one of greater value. I will allow you to trade GC's for equal or lesser valued GC's. Remember, if you intend to trade for cash equivalents, you must pay BGG a 3% commission. (See Guidelines link in rule #2, above)

***NEW***: You may not both simultaneously buy GG for cash equivalents and sell GG for cash equivalents in the same trade. Meaning if you intend to offer GG and request CE's for those listings, you may not also offer CE's and request GG, or vice versa. You may either be a buyer or seller, but not both during the same trade. This does not apply to any transaction where an actual game is being traded, strictly GG for CE and CE for GG transactions.

ITEM DESCRIPTION
4. You must describe, as accurately as possible, the condition of the components and box, the language, and edition of your item and any sweeteners. You must inventory the game's components and list anything missing and/or damaged. If you do not, the game is expected to be complete, in like-new condition and be the most recent English edition. ***NEW*** If you list the condition of the item as anything less than excellent, you should be describing the issue(s) making you rate it less than excellent.

5. Add sweeteners by typing the name of the game into the "board game" box of drop down menu so they properly display in the OLWLG.

6. Do not use a item type listing for an item unless you are offering that item, this also applies to listings using hyperlinks in the description. For example, do not list the item as the game if you're only offering certain components for that game. When in doubt, use "outside the scope of BGG" as the main listing.

7. Items may be edited after listing. ***NEW*** This editing MAY include downgrading the initial listing. Should changes to a listing be made, the OLWLG will alert all users who have already selected the item as a want. It is THEIR responsibility to review and accept the changes (or remove the item from their wantlist).

8. If you wish to remove an item for consideration, DELETE the item. The OLWLG handles this just fine (See #9, below).

9. Subscribe to any and all items you are interested in, rather than writing down the number. If you write down the number and an item gets removed, the number will change.

PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS
10. Please subscribe to all of your listings and publicly acknowledge all questions. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.

11. It is customary to enter all trades into the BGG trading system. This is most easily done if the items you are trading are listed in your collection and are marked as "For Trade". Please endeavor to do so and to leave feedback once the trade is completed. Under most circumstances, positive feedback should be given for the empty half of the math trade.

12. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ENTERING INTO THIS MATH TRADE IS A COMMITMENT TO TRADE THE ITEMS THAT YOU ARE INDICATING YOU ARE WILLING TO TRADE FOR YOUR WANTED ITEMS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DOUBLE CHECK DUPLICATE PROTECTION AND CHECK BOXES. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TRADE ONE OF YOUR ITEMS FOR ANOTHER ITEM, DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN YOUR WANTLIST. THE RESULTS, ONCE POSTED, ARE BINDING.

MODERATOR RESPONSIBILITY
13. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. In the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.

14. Decisions to anything that comes up regarding this math trade are decided by me. If you do not agree to me making such decisions, then don't participate in the math trade.

A general note:

While > 99% of the time trades go through smoothly, you are dealing with humans. Humans let other humans down and sometimes take advantage of them. Humans also sometimes make mistakes. If you are not ready to accept this fact, I suggest you refrain from entering this trade.

Please remember, every green check mark in the OLWLG means you are agreeing to make that trade. Once you submit your wants and the window to resubmit closes, you've agreed to those trades, and are expected to honor them, even in the event of a mistake.

I am running this trade because math trades are fun, exciting, and just plain awesome. Most of my collection has come from math trades. I am donating my time both for selfish reasons (to make trades) and out of gratitude to those that moderated the dozens of trades that I have enjoyed participate in. I am under no obligation to make everyone happy, nor will I try. Should you not like me or the way I run this trade, please refrain from entering.

HELPFUL LINKS
Math_Trades - If you're new to math trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
Math Trades for Dummies - Another good intro.
Math Trade Walkthrough/FAQ for newbies - Another good resource with lots of answers to lots of frequently asked questions.
OLWLG - Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.
Math Trade Video Tutorials - Tutorial videos
Rahdo Runs Through Math Trades video - covers all aspects of math trades

Please post in the discussion thread if you have any questions. Math trades might look a bit complicated at first, but they're really easy once you get the hang of them.

Good luck and happy trading!

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
JeffyJeff's TradeMaximizer version 1.5c
ITERATIONS=50
SEED=20170917
METRIC=users-trading

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, September 10th, 2017, 12:30 AM PDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, September 17th, 2017, 12:30 AM PDT
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Dennett
United States
Athena
Oregon
flag msg tools
Seems we got here just in the nick of time. What's that make us?
badge
Yes, it's Johnny Depp photoshopped as Raistlin Majere. Stop staring. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I've been trying single trading for months now, and haven't gotten anywhere. Either they expire with no answer, have been traded already and the user just hasn't removed it from their list, or I just get a "I'll pass, thanks.".

I've never done a MT, and even just spent the last half hour reading about them to figure out what they are. That lead me here.

Can you offer some help to someone like me whose never even seen a MT before, let alone participated in one?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Spiegel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
night1505 wrote:
Hello,

I've been trying single trading for months now, and haven't gotten anywhere. Either they expire with no answer, have been traded already and the user just hasn't removed it from their list, or I just get a "I'll pass, thanks.".

I've never done a MT, and even just spent the last half hour reading about them to figure out what they are. That lead me here.

Can you offer some help to someone like me whose never even seen a MT before, let alone participated in one?

Thanks in advance!

Read this geeklist: https://bgg.cc/geeklist/181401/math-trade-walkthroughfaq-new...

I find that to be a wealth of valuable information on how to participate in math trades.

Start small by throwing in only a game or two, so you won't be overwhelmed. These trades have been happening monthly for a while now, so you'll get another shot next month (probably).

Subscribe to this discussion thread to ask questions as you progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brandt
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I'm an old friend of Xanderrrr's
badge
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S5E20
mbmbmbmbmb
waleslie wrote:
HELPFUL LINKS
Math_Trades - If you're new to math trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
Math Trades for Dummies - Another good intro.
OLWLG - Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.
Math Trade Video Tutorials - Tutorial videos
Rahdo Runs Through Math Trades video - covers all aspects of math trades

I learned mainly through Rahdo's videos, and the other links do have a lot of helpful info as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of help do you need? I suggest reading the post you replied to and following the links. I mostly learned how this works from the Rahdo video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
biff pow
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
night1505 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance!

The previous posters have given exactly the right links--all of those are helpful, and I learned how to do this from watching and reading myself. The hardest part is learning how the olwlg works. It's not that complicated by any means, so just take your time and ask questions if you really can't get the hang of it.

The other great advice is to start small. 1 or 2 games is ideal for your first MT, definitely 5 games or less. They happen every month, so you'll be able to expand your offerings next time.

A common mistake first-timers make is thinking that the software somehow places a value on all the games; it does not. You can try to trade your game for anything anyone has offered. That said, you will have greater success if you try to trade for games that are not super-ultra-popular right now (because fewer people will be vying for them) and try to go for games that are equivalent or less "valuable" than yours.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Dennett
United States
Athena
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone. Phew, lots of reading but lots of info!

I believe I have listed the items correctly. Next part is following directions to add wants!

Thank you again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Just two notes to remember,

1. Postage can be expensive. If you trade a $10 game away for a $10 game from someone else, you might be paying $23 to get that $10 game.

2. I suggest using mostly lower value items for your first math trade, so if something goes wrong (you check a box thinking it means something else), you are out $5, not $125.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Dennett
United States
Athena
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Just two notes to remember,

1. Postage can be expensive. If you trade a $10 game away for a $10 game from someone else, you might be paying $23 to get that $10 game.

2. I suggest using mostly lower value items for your first math trade, so if something goes wrong (you check a box thinking it means something else), you are out $5, not $125.

Excellent advice! Thank you so much! With regard to postage, luckily I've been doing G4GG for almost a year now, so I'm getting pretty good at shipping.

As far as listing "smaller" items go, I probably jumped the gun on that one, but I'm hopeful that by listing the 3 games I've been trying to trade, and "wanting" the 2 games I've been after (plus one additional for balance), I'll get something close to what I've been trying for in one-to-one trades
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Sounds good - 3 games means you will have more focus than posting 30 and having to ship them all out for things you don't want.

Rule - Your item will likely trade for the thing you want least on your wishlist for that item

Corollary - "No trade is better than a bad trade." Many people seem to bemoan that they did not get a trade. Well, in my book, that can be a very good thing - less work for me and no regret that I'd rather keep my item than get the one I am receiving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Dennett
United States
Athena
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Sounds good - 3 games means you will have more focus than posting 30 and having to ship them all out for things you don't want.

Rule - Your item will likely trade for the thing you want least on your wishlist for that item

Corollary - "No trade is better than a bad trade." Many people seem to bemoan that they did not get a trade. Well, in my book, that can be a very good thing - less work for me and no regret that I'd rather keep my item than get the one I am receiving.

I did read that rule (of thumb) and I agree with it completely. In light of that, I made sure to list games that I would be equally willing to trade for any of my "wants". But, the best laid plans of mice and men...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lamkin
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome night, I know how good of a member of the G4GG community you are. Glad to see you joining math trades they are the best. I usually trade for groups that have one game I want and G4GG the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Dennett
United States
Athena
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrotos wrote:
Welcome night, I know how good of a member of the G4GG community you are. Glad to see you joining math trades they are the best. I usually trade for groups that have one game I want and G4GG the rest.

Awww, well thank you so much! Yeah, I tried to perpetuate single trades on my own, and had zero luck. laugh

So, I came to find out what all this "math trade hubbub" was all about. Haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
night1505 wrote:
So, I came to find out what all this "math trade hubbub" was all about.

It's about pure awesomeness. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenn C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
I'm trying to use the OLWLG feature that allows you to just view items that are on your want/wish/etc. lists, but for some reason nothing shows up. (I've used it in prior math trades, and I know that a couple of things that I "want" are being offered this time around.) Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Dennett
United States
Athena
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caitirilt wrote:
I'm trying to use the OLWLG feature that allows you to just view items that are on your want/wish/etc. lists, but for some reason nothing shows up. (I've used it in prior math trades, and I know that a couple of things that I "want" are being offered this time around.) Any ideas?

Oooh, ooh, I can answer this with all my newfound knowledge!

Log into the OLWLG, click the list you want to view, and click the Step 3 button. At the very bottom of that page, you'll see a link to do exactly what I believe you want to do:

Oh! I just remembered. Also, on the Home page after logging in, scroll down past the announcements and make sure your BGG Collection is synced. It will tell you how long ago you last synced it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caitirilt wrote:

What I do is go to the 'statistics' page. it's the icon that looks like a graph chart. Your tagged games will show in different colors for want, prev owned, etc. Then just click on the number of copies offered to see the details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenn C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Doomsword wrote:

What I do is go to the 'statistics' page. it's the icon that looks like a graph chart. Your tagged games will show in different colors for want, prev owned, etc. Then just click on the number of copies offered to see the details.

That works - thanks!

(The other link - the one that is given "After you are done with this step you may want..." is the one that isn't working for me. Despite recent syncing )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caitirilt wrote:

Is it possible that they haven't been resynced to the OLWLG from the Geeklist yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenn C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
hestiansun wrote:
Is it possible that they haven't been resynced to the OLWLG from the Geeklist yet?

I don't think so - when I go to the statistics page mentioned by John I do see my current wants and wishes highlighted. It's just that that link specifically (the one at the bottom of Step 3) pulls up a page with a blank "Spreadsheet" (i.e., it says "0 Items Displayed."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caitirilt wrote:
hestiansun wrote:

I don't think so - when I go to the statistics page mentioned by John I do see my current wants and wishes highlighted. It's just that that link specifically (the one at the bottom of Step 3) pulls up a page with a blank "Spreadsheet" (i.e., it says "0 Items Displayed."

When you go to the page, do you see the GAMES that you want listed in the OLWLG, or are they just on the BGG Geeklist?

That is my question. Are the GAMES that were added to the geeklist as available for trade synced up to the OLWLG? If not, that may be why you are finding 0 items displayed - the OLWLG doesn't know they are there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenn C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
hestiansun wrote:

When you go to the page, do you see the GAMES that you want listed in the OLWLG, or are they just on the BGG Geeklist?

That is my question. Are the GAMES that were added to the geeklist as available for trade synced up to the OLWLG? If not, that may be why you are finding 0 items displayed - the OLWLG doesn't know they are there.

I believe the games are synced to OLWLG. The games that I am offering for trade are listed on the page, "OLWLG step 3 style view of your own items/offerings," and the games that are currently on my wish/want lists are highlighted properly on the "Math trade statistics" page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Dennett
United States
Athena
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caitirilt wrote:
hestiansun wrote:

I believe the games are synced to OLWLG. The games that I am offering for trade are listed on the page, "OLWLG step 3 style view of your own items/offerings," and the games that are currently on my wish/want lists are highlighted properly on the "Math trade statistics" page.

Hmmm... in light of this, while it doesn't help you much, I agree with you that your link seems to be broken.

Silly question: Have you tried in a different browser?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenn C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
night1505 wrote:

Silly question: Have you tried in a different browser?

Not silly! But I have tried it in both Chrome and Firefox, and it comes up empty in both. But at least now I know I can use the "Math trade statistics" page as an alternative for finding items I'm interested in, so thank you everyone for the questions and suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With each re-sync, when you log in and look (should show new items since you last looked at it), are the games being highlighted in different colors representing games you own / want / etc.? (Or for that matter, if you click to view the whole list, not just the new items)

Perhaps there is a problem with the syncing of your BGG collection to the OLWLG...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.