Subject: User Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Walkley
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This game was a disappointment. At one point I think they were trying to charge £25 for this in UK stores. I picked mine up second hand for £5 and still think it was a bit too much.

The board itself is very plain, with a track running round the outside, some of the spaces having photos to indicate various locations and if they modify the strength of good or evil characters. The pawns are also just simple coloured pieces, no miniatures of the characters in this game...

The game basically consists of players picking a character at random, then, through moving round the track and encountering other players, trying to find out which side everyone is on and trying to defeat their enemies.

Characters have two strength ratings (Night/Day), which are compared to resolve combat, and there is a track to mark the passage of time. This can be quite interesting, causing an ebb and flow effect in the balance of power. Cards are drawn depending on the die roll and these can affect combat and movement.

The problem is that the rules are quite clearly broken. I only had to play a couple of games to come up with fairly basic questions which are not covered. These can be fixed with house rules, but there is nothing about the game that really inspires this in the players. Rather just stick it on the shelf and bring out a better game.

The fact that it is a Buffy game also works against it in a way. If it has been a generic horror game, then the simple feel of it wouldn't be so bad. As it is, it does nothing to really invoke the sense of being in the Buffy universe. This adds greatly to the 'why are we playing this??' factor.

All in all, you'd best stick with the US version. This has nothing to recommend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.