Subject: Actions on Damage Card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Gibson
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First off, I apologize because I'm sure these questions have been asked 1000 times. I did a search and didn't really find what I was looking for.

I just got into X Wing with my 13 year old son last weekend and am trying to learn all the rules. My question is on Actions listed on Damage cards.

For instance the action on Weapons Failure says "Action: Roll 1 attack die. On a hit or Crit result, flip this card over.

And on Console Fire it says "at the start of each combat phase, roll 1 attack die, on a hit result, suffer 1 damage. Action: flip this card facedown.

On Weapons Failure, do you take this as an action after movement and if you get a hit result you can flip the card? And that counts as your action.

On Console Fire, you roll an attack die at the start of the combat phase and if suffer 1 damage then you can flip card over?

On both cards I assume you would remove the critical hit token from your ship and treat that card as just a hull damage after that? Am I correct on this?

Again, sorry for what I'm sure is a repeat question and thanks for any info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
you get one action after you move your ship. If you use the action on the card you cannot perform another action.

For Console Fire if you flipped the card over with your action then you do not roll the die at the start of the combat phase since that happens later in the turn.

When you have no face-up damage cards remove the critical token from your ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Gibson
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
you get one action after you move your ship. If you use the action on the card you cannot perform another action.

For Console Fire if you flipped the card over with your action then you do not roll the die at the start of the combat phase since that happens later in the turn.

Thanks you for the reply. My question on Console Fire is, Why wouldn't you want to flip the card? Because another action might be more valuable to you at the time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
You might not be able to take an action since you are stressed or ran into something. Also, there may be another action you want to take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Gibson
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
You might not be able to take an action since you are stressed or ran into something. Also, there may be another action you want to take.

Thanks for your help Todd! I very much appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collector THX1138
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the Damage cards (and a lot of the ship and upgrade cards) have card clarifications in the FAQ PDF

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Gibson
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Collection 1138 wrote:
Some of the Damage cards (and a lot of the ship and upgrade cards) have card clarifications in the FAQ PDF

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/

Sweet! Good to know. Thank you for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Grefrath
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Basically the first one is a dice roll for you to be able to use an action to clear the damage card and the second is damage until you use an action to clear it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cowlishaw
msg tools
shootsahoyt wrote:
Mundane wrote:

Thanks you for the reply. My question on Console Fire is, Why wouldn't you want to flip the card? Because another action might be more valuable to you at the time?

Exactly. You're fixing the critical (or at least, making it 'just' a damage card) at a cost of not picking up a focus token, or a boost, or whatever.

Some times, other things are more important.

For example: the 50/50 risk of taking one damage from a console fire might be much, much less of an issue than the risk of not barrel rolling out of two ship's arc of fire at range 1 and the near-certainty of taking multiple damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.