Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somehow it is not clear to me how the "consolidate power" - order works. I place the order in an area that contains one of my units and then I get powertokens for this area. But the rules state, that I collect powertokens in two areas for the normal consolidate power order and in three areas for the +1 consolidate power order. Do these additional areas have to be adjacent to the area with the orderchip?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Re:consolidate power
leberegel (#29381),

Not sure what you read... but...

For a consolidate power token you collect a power token for:
a) the inital order, reguardless of where it was played
b) if you played the consolidate power token on an area with crowns on it you get an additional token per crown in that area.

I think the rules you are referring to are only trying to illuminate that you have 2 consolidate orders at your disposal normally. If you wish to place the third you must use one of your *s. So hence a person at the far end of of the King's court (raven) track would only be able to place 2 Consolidate power orders, since he doesn't have a * to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel de la Casa
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leberegel (#29381),

The rules (at least the rules I received with my game, it's difficult to believe they're the same as yours) say that for
each consolidate power order you place, you get one power token plus one additional token per crown drawn on the map for that territory. For example, a cons. power order on King's Landing would give you 3 tokens while the same order on Flint's Finger would give you only one.

As for the starred order, it gives you NO additional token. It's only meant to cost you a special order if you want to cons. power on three different territories. OH! Now I see the problem! For every of your normal cons. power you do it on ONE territory. But you have two such order tokens, so with BOTH cons. power order tokens you can consolidate in TWO territoties. To do it in a third one in the same turn, you'd need to use the special order. Is it clear now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DD OK, it seems to me that I somehow misunderstood this particular sentence. Sorry guys, my english is by far not perfect...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Chen
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aristarco (#29385),
The rules (at least the rules I received with my game, it's difficult to believe they're the same as yours) say that....

I had the same problem with this sentence and was searching everywhere on the map trying to come up with an answer, and based on what was written above got me to thinking does Agot have different rule books for each print ? That particular sentence sure was confusing. Maybe they changed it after the first few prints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.