Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Froelke
United States
Manchester
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the pleasure to play this gem of a game recently. After a review of the 40 page rulebook (finely detailed with plenty of examples) I was ready to play. We did a 3 player game in probably about 3 hours due to being unfamiliar with the rules at first. The later turns flew by as we became used to the system and rhythm of the game. Every encounter was unique with a mini-story unto itself. The game provides two ways of winning by either game the required prestige for your faction or town health both tracked along the edge of the board. The game played very evenly throughout with a couple of lead changes. Ironically the winning player found an abandoned "Fallen Land: The Board Game" and gained +2 prestige for the win. You could write a book about your faction's adventure for each playthrough and with the amount of encounters, characters, and spoil cards you would never have the same experience. The artwork is nicely done reminding me of old school 80's cartoon/comic feel. Little easter eggs are hidden within the cards and encounters. As mentioned earlier, the rulebook is long, but full of examples and a nice index so gameplay never stalled. The sturdy first player rule sheet provided a detailed script to progress through all the phases of the game seamlessly.

This is one of those games that players talk afterwards for about 30 minutes reliving how cool their characters were or how encountering the group of raiders or that strange alien dude changed everything. Plenty of PVP if you want it or you can keep the piece by selling those action cards to get salvage coins to better progress your faction. Really love the detail for each card and how you manage your faction's five character party. Each of the 10 factions are unique with their own backstory and perks. I own over 50 board games and backed quite a few more on kickstarter, but have never come across a game this detailed and full of story that brings a new experience each and ever time. This is one of my personal favorites and will probably cause my other games to collect dust. Can't wait to play this one again!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pako FuNkyBoY
Spain
Castelldefels
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've received the ks copy of the game?
Can't wait yo play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Froelke
United States
Manchester
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the retail version. I believe the KS copies are still making their way to the Amazon distribution centers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pako FuNkyBoY
Spain
Castelldefels
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooook!!!
It's hard to manage the 5 character faction? So much items and stats (love complexity on games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Froelke
United States
Manchester
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a lot going on with all five characters plus a vehicle if you have one. The text of what phase you can use the cards are in bold for character/vehicle cards providing an easy reference to the phase you are currently in. The game is merciless though with plenty of "take that" and a few of your characters will likely die while traversing the fallen lands. The skill checks for characters and items is really simple once you wrap your head around it...low rolls are good in most cases of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JL San Miguel
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
badge
Simplify, prioritize,... enjoy! :-D
mbmbmbmbmb

froky36 wrote:
...low rolls are good in most cases of the game.

Lucky me! laugh laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls