Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Skelebone, Toastface, Juliekins

We sat down to play this game for the first time. I'd read a good bit about Cheapass's Zombie line here on BGG, and saw this one in the box at Jester's Attic . I had purused the game materials before and had a general understanding of the rules before we launched into the game.

We all started the game in the caboose, with Juliekins and myself picking up cheeses and installing them. Meanwhile, Toastface pulled up some pretty large rolls (after installing a cheese himself) and raced toward the front of the train. After moving up two cars and mostly ignoring brains along the way, the die roll dropped the caboose where Juliekins and I had been lollygagging. Juliekins and I then re-joined the train, picked up some brains, and installed them in place of cheeses.

Play continued as Toastface raced for the front of the train, using his cheese to hold the two brains in his hands. The train stayed pretty complete for a while, at one point comprising five cars before three pieces of the back fell off in one swoop. Finally the engine was drawn, making a end (beginning?) to the train. Going into the endgame, the train was still made up of the engine, a sleeper car, and a club car, with lots of brains to be had. Since I was slightly behind on the IQ end, I picked a fight with Juliekins (we hadn't had any fighting up to this point) which I narrowly lost, leaving me brainless and cardless after spending all the brains in my hands for bonuses.

Without a brain, I began an assault on Toastface to take his newly installed winning brain, but the fact that I was discarding cards to improve my fight odds left my hand empty, and gave him opportunity to play his own brain bonuses keeping me down. Toastface then moved out of the engine and back into the sleeper car with the winning brain, figuring each of the players would have to come fight him or else he would win when the train stopped (as I understood it from the rules, one could be "off" the train but still win because they have the best brain in their head.) Juliekins continued to putter around and pick up brains looking for a better match. I on the other hand, acquired the winning brain, but didn't have enough to install it, so I lurched around on one die from brain to brain, picking up counters to hopefully install it before a re-loaded Toastface returned to stop the train. In the end, I was able to install the brain while Toastface was too far away to fight, and then move on my next turn to the brake. I had a lock on the win because I would stomp the brake on my next turn, or if anyone attacked me on the brake space, they would stomp the brake and end the game.

Final Score:

Skelebone I.Q. 190
Toastface: I.Q. 185
Juliekins: I.Q. 115

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.