Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myladies, Gentlemen,

And welcome to the 24 hour contest September 2017.
The basic rules-/discussion-/subscription thread can be found here.

We still have got supporters!
Standing ovations for

Nizo
msg tools
mbmb

who offered to tip 20 for the winner of a month's contest as long as there are at least 3 submissions per month.

Also

Billy Board Game
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

offered 10 for each contest from September 2017 - September 2018!

And we've got a microbadge you can buy, if you want to show the world, that you participated in the 24 hour contest:

24 Hour Contest participant

Thanks to

'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

for creating the badge!

So, for this month 10 have been tipped! YAY!

Frankly, I don't have a reason for this month's requirement. Maybe I just need another vacation or something ..

Anyway, this month's requirement is

Island

(Oh, btw: In German the name for "Iceland" is "Island" - so, if your game contains "Iceland" for one reason or another, it is fine, too!)

Remember: The requirement is just a requirement - not necessarily a theme! It's up to you, how you involve it in your game!

Happy designing and kind regards,
Kai

p.s.:

In the behaviour rules (see link to basic rules thread above) I've written:
Quote:
Please create a second posting in that thread to present your creation.

Please do present your game along with a short description in a posting. The reason I ask you to do this is simple: Creating geeklist entries becomes easier for me because from time to time copy-n-pasting from PDFs produces unexpected results (such as copying only odd symbols into the clipboard ..)
Thanks a lot

And if you'd like to spread the word of this contest, feel free to tweet about it:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Yi
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had a great idea for a game. I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joy Spur
msg tools
I've been working on a game for a week or two that's literally centered on an island, and I can't use it D: Oh well - I'm still planning on participating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Yi
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My submission for the 24 design contest for September 2017 is called Ellis Island Pizza.

You run "Ellis Island Pizza" a little pizza shop in the city named after the historic island that immigrants arrived at when making their way to the United States of America. The island was important for those immigrants, and your shop is your own little slice of the American Dream. See how well you can run it to keep that dream alive.

This game combines roll-and-write path-making with delivery along those routes. Every turn, two dice get rolled and are used simultaneously by all players to write the designated routes on the board, to move along routes that have already been drawn, or to get new orders to fulfill. The game is played over 20 rounds, with event cards that do two things: they act as the timer, and they give each round a little flavor. Traffic is the bane of any delivery driver's existence, so be prepared to move slower when making deliveries. If you can beat the elements and deliver pizza without wasted movement, you earn an extra tip. And there's a factory across town that is filled with hungry workers, so swing by to sell off a few extra pies. Business is good for Ellis Island Pizza.

Plays in 30 minutes, or your game is free!

Rules:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1q-Omr9rFObaTk3TGlSeEtNQm...

Player Board and Cards:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1q-Omr9rFObTU9Yd2RPd09TQU...

The player boards and cards somehow both got made "two per page," and I wanted to fix it but to keep with the rules, they are as they are. To play with more than two players, choose to print the first page of the Board and Cards PDF as many times as you need. My assumption is that it can be played up to 6 players without too much interference. It can work beyond that, but placing new houses for delivery may get messy with 7+ players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'm in Ireland right now... another island!

When I get back from vacation I'll see if maybe this month I'll have time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:

Nice. Whereabouts are you? My wife is from Ireland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted W
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Wizard, Evoker
badge
*Shrug* Wampas, am I right?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very cool - I don't have an idea yet, but when I do I'll start the 24 hour clock and try to submit on time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Dapena
Spain
flag msg tools
I've just done the August one, but I'll try to come up with something for this one too. Hopefully, something simpler than last month so I can finish it without any problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this one will get alot of entries i think. It goes back the very first contest i did, 43 months ago. It was tourism as a theme and I did a game about the Caribbean islands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Kolcun
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
I had an idea in my mind for about 4 days and want to move to other projects, so I'm going to participate with what I have.

Start time: 8:36 CET
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Buchanan
China
Shenyang
Liaoning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I actually have an idea and a loose mechanic and... I just moved house this weekend, so give a week or two and I might get back to it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Dapena
Spain
flag msg tools
I had a couple of ideas. I'll start now with one of them, let's see how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Kolcun
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer

Currently testing the game - it's more push-your-luck than action-selection, but the overall feeling seems compact.

Need to make riles changes tho.

Hope I will manage to end it in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted W
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Wizard, Evoker
badge
*Shrug* Wampas, am I right?
mbmbmbmbmb
Mystael wrote:

Currently testing the game - it's more push-your-luck than action-selection, but the overall feeling seems compact.

Need to make riles changes tho.

Hope I will manage to end it in time.

Interesting components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Kolcun
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks - trying to make it Print and Play as much as possible. For now, whole components should fit into 2 A4 pages, rules included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Dapena
Spain
flag msg tools
It looks so so interesting!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Kolcun
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
I'm affraid I wont translate my survival game in 10 minutes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
technically you are not required to translate the rules ...
(just saying ...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Kolcun
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
Heck, I know that I'm late almost 3 hours, but I will share it anyway, because last hours I was fighting only with rules translation (English is not my native, so I wrote the rules in Slovak first).

Sand and Sea

A cooperation game about survival on deserted island.

players: 1 - 4
playtime: 15 - 25 min.

You can find the rules and PNP files on following link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4BQyGglf_QPMG1jUHgy...
I strongly recommend to enforce the components by gluing them on cardboard.

I wanted to fit the rules on the 2nd side of the PNP file, but the game is a bit more complex than I originaly imagined.
I still think the rules need additional images to make them actually useful.

Damn, it's seems quite unfair, making the rulebook understandable for everybody takes at least as much time as creating the rules and game components combined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot open the files .. anyone else having issues?
Or is it just me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schattentanz wrote:
I cannot open the files .. anyone else having issues?
Or is it just me?

It's okay for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
polyobsessive wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

Nice. Whereabouts are you? My wife is from Ireland.

We started in Northern Ireland, Derry, Giant's Causeway, etc... then moved east to Belfast, then West to Westport and the Cliffs of Moher, then back East to Dublin, looking at a good number of castles and other sites along the way. The only part we didn't touch at all was southern Ireland, so I guess we'll have to go back someday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
We started in Northern Ireland, Derry, Giant's Causeway, etc... then moved east to Belfast, then West to Westport and the Cliffs of Moher, then back East to Dublin, looking at a good number of castles and other sites along the way. The only part we didn't touch at all was southern Ireland, so I guess we'll have to go back someday!

Sounds like a great holiday. I've been to a few of those places (though not to Belfast), so can picture a fair bit of your trip. I hope you get to see some of the southern part of the country one day!

So did you get some nice inspiration for game designs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
polyobsessive wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

Sounds like a great holiday. I've been to a few of those places (though not to Belfast), so can picture a fair bit of your trip. I hope you get to see some of the southern part of the country one day!

So did you get some nice inspiration for game designs?

Actually yes, I did! From the Tower Museum in Derry, there was a display about how the British divvied up Northern Ireland to give to the 12 Major Guilds in London at the time. It was a great (and depressing) display that I looked at and it just clicked that it would make a great (and hopefully frustrating) colonization game! I'm still mulling it over in my head, I think I'll be able to officially start this upcoming weekend to work on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Actually yes, I did! From the Tower Museum in Derry, there was a display about how the British divvied up Northern Ireland to give to the 12 Major Guilds in London at the time. It was a great (and depressing) display that I looked at and it just clicked that it would make a great (and hopefully frustrating) colonization game! I'm still mulling it over in my head, I think I'll be able to officially start this upcoming weekend to work on it.

All mixed up with the reason that Derry is also known as Londonderry, right? Sounds like it could be really good. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.