Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a possibility for what to do with your old/unwanted board games, or even some brand new ones if you're feeling generous: Check with your local library to see if they run a board game event for youth. They might need-and-want your old-and-new games.

It's not just in times of crisis, like the recent collection of games for displaced flood victims run by the BGG on behalf of the Dallas area library, that your board games or your expertise as a board gamer might be valued by libraries! My local branch of the Ramsey County Library, here in Minnesota, has started running a regular weekly board game event for teens. The description says:

Ramsey County Library wrote:
Come and play board games at the library! We provide the snacks. Play one of our games, or bring one of yours.

I wrote to the Teen Services Librarian organizing this to ask whether they'd accept donations of German strategy-style board games for their in-house collection, and she responded:

Ramsey County Library wrote:
We would absolutely love to accept your donation! Thank you very much for thinking of us. If the size of your donation is manageable, feel free to bring the games to the librarian's desk for drop off. If the size of your donation makes that impossible (or inconvenient), please reach out again. We have the option of setting up a time for me to meet you at our loading dock, where I can help with intake.

So something for you all to think about the next time you're culling your collection. Your local library might offer something similar--what a great way to get the younger set into the hobby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.