K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Direct Link: https://images-cdn.asmodee.us/filer_public/8c/d5/8cd57812-fb...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Looking forward to playing that one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this was my first foray into the Unlock! system. I played the tutorial, then this. I have to say it was pretty confusing especially when the main weapon was constantly referred to in French. (Okay, after a minute of confusion I figured it out)

But...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I never could figure out how to block the arrows with the shield. I read both hints about only 4 arrows hitting you and using your shield. I actually traced the trajectories with straight lines and found 4 arrows hitting my helm and 2 striking me in the chest. Okay, so what is the math with the shield that takes you further into the adventure to a new card?!? After 10-15 minutes of struggling with that, I just turned cards over and "played" through the rest. Anti-climatic for sure. Also found the final bow shot crossed right through the area between the 6/7 for the 3rd number so I missed on my first shot choosing the 6. I was not impressed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninjabob wrote:
Well, this was my first foray into the Unlock! system. I played the tutorial, then this. I have to say it was pretty confusing especially when the main weapon was constantly referred to in French.

Which weapon were you referring to? The Temple of Ra had French words for the English version but I didn't have any issue with the translation in this scenario.

Ninjabob wrote:
I never could figure out how to block the arrows with the shield. I read both hints about only 4 arrows hitting you and using your shield. I actually traced the trajectories with straight lines and found 4 arrows hitting my helm and 2 striking me in the chest. Okay, so what is the math with the shield that takes you further into the adventure to a new card?!? After 10-15 minutes of struggling with that, I just turned cards over and "played" through the rest. Anti-climatic for sure. Also found the final bow shot crossed right through the area between the 6/7 for the 3rd number so I missed on my first shot choosing the 6. I was not impressed.

Tip:

The bottom arrows are blocked by the rocks.

If you're still stuck, here's the solution we used. Green lines are the misses; red are the hits:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cherry S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I got stuck at the exact same point and I'm still not quite sure I follow what to do next after your above clue.

The app only let me enter three numbers on the machine so I'm not sure how the four arrows helps.

Lesson learnt for me is to print in better quality, as I often couldn't see hidden clues!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tip 1:

As on the Rules Reminder card, "MACHINES are puzzles you can solve in the application. Press the correct buttons to get a RED NUMBER (to be combined with a BLUE NUMBER)."

Tip 2:

Press these arrows on the app.

and then press OK.

Tip 3:

After pressing OK, you'll get this red number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cherry S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you, I really appreciate the help!

I just realised that I needed to type the card number into the machine button - I thought I needed to type the answer into it, as some sort of code! Now it makes sense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not the first person I've seen that's been stumped by the machine mechanic. It's not called out very well unless you've played or heard about the second set of Unlock! scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.