Dave Rutter
United States
Batavia
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to make sure I am applying the rules correctly when playing multiple cards in an attack.

-If I have 2 of the same card for the attacking unit and play both

-or-

-If I have a leader card to use to get a supporting unit card played in the attack

-For the additional cards played, the attacker gets BOTH the added attack values AND the additional dice rolls. Correct?

-At first I was just adding the attack values, but rules indicate dice as well. Seems to make multiple cards in attacks particularly lethal.

Am I correct in my rules understanding?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, if you have additional cards you add their dice to the unit's attack value. However, just to clarify, you don't add the unit's attack value multiple times even if you use more than one card. See page 11 of the rulebook in which it lists what is included in an Attack Total
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Stewart
United States
Bowie
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not having the rules in front of me, I think you are correct.
But for the leader cards it is not BOTH, IFKWIM.

Multiple cards used wisely win you the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the sequence of what happens for an Assault (i.e. not Volley or Bombard):

1. You play an Assault card to initiate an attack
2. Opponent has a chance to play cards to boost his defense value
3. You have the option to: a) play a leader and include units adjacent to the defender in the attack up to the leader's Command value; and b) play extra Assault cards for any units in the attack
4. You roll dice for all cards you played with Assault dice listed and add the number on each unit in the attack (along with Hill bonuses), then compare that total to the Defense total (number + terrain bonuses + cards played if applicable).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.