Subject: Attribute Class combo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geert Meys
Belgium
Haacht
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
I just bought this game and went over the rules. I like it all but one thing struck me as weird. There are class cards that require 17 or 18 pips to score. Most races have -2 on 1 attribute. If fate brings the race and the class card together, it is impossible to score that attribute at the end, sometimes meaning you are unable to score 4 points. Knowing that even before the 1st round begins... I think that's a little weird, or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kreisberg
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eateasse wrote:
or am I missing something?

There are a few cards which adds a pip to your class dice or all yellow dice, so yes - it is possible although sometimes hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
^This. Also, those cards are in the * market deck and reasonably cheap, so the game you describe would just be a nice brain burner, not an impossible task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There are also cards that reward dumping a stat so there are options when/if that occurs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't the class cards double sided?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Meys
Belgium
Haacht
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
Great. Found the cards you're talking about. That solves the problem! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eateasse wrote:
I just bought this game and went over the rules. I like it all but one thing struck me as weird. There are class cards that require 17 or 18 pips to score. Most races have -2 on 1 attribute. If fate brings the race and the class card together, it is impossible to score that attribute at the end, sometimes meaning you are unable to score 4 points. Knowing that even before the 1st round begins... I think that's a little weird, or am I missing something?
There are only two class colors that have a required score of 17+ to the same attribute on both sides:
* Warrior requires 17 Con, Barbarian requires 18+ (3 stars each)
* Sorcerer requires 18 Int (4 stars), Wizard requires 17 (3 stars)

There is only one race (Elf) that has a penalty to either of those stats (Con). So since you know your attribute bonus and penalty (if any) when you select your class from the two options for that color, I would think that would play a large part in which class you choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.