1 , 2  Next »   | 

Board Game: Kingdom Death: Monster
Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: KDM Sleeve Calculator 2.0: The Sleevening rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
I just completed a massive overhaul to my card sleeve calculator! The old one is still available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xoOj83Z44BWaM3_zwxSs..., but the new one offers much more flexibility.

Here's the link to it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HZbTeiUqUwcTNNYDdGl-....

The old sheet was very focused on figuring out pledge levels for the Mage and Paladin kickstarters, and since they're closed now that has minimal value. I've seen a number of people asking about sleeving since those kickstarters closed, so it wasn't super helpful to them.

The new calculator has more sleeve brands, is way easier for me to maintain, and has a much fancier custom card counts table where you can pick individual brands for each card type so you can mix and match however you want!

As always, please play around with it and let me know what you think! You can make your own copy to edit by being logged into your Google account and then going to File->Make a copy...

Happy sleeving!
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's awesome Tabo! Cheers!

Edit: You have put in quite some work! The links to the sleeves manufacturers and such! This saves so much time for all KDM-ers who want to sleeve their cards out there! Thank you very much!

Edit: Mage Company also sells sleeves bundles. For example: http://magecompanygames.com/shop/mcg-premium-advanced-pack, so combined with a bunch of separate card sleeves the total price of Mage Company's sleeves goes down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Magallian wrote:

Edit: Mage Company also sells sleeves bundles. For example: http://magecompanygames.com/shop/mcg-premium-advanced-pack, so combined with a bunch of separate card sleeves the total price of Mage Company's sleeves goes down.
Good call! I skipped over those, but they actually save a lot. I've updated the preset table to include those, but they're still not in the custom counts table until I figure out a way to make doing that not suck haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Microbadge: AH LCG - The SurvivorMicrobadge: I backed Kingdom Death: Monster on KickstarterMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster - my corpses pave the groundMicrobadge: Tainted Grail fanMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG poster
I reckon I'll be sleeving the shuffled cards, I imagine if I sleeve everything space may become an issue. I think it's Standard American right? This thread reminded me I'll have to work out how many packs I need, probably the best thread to have that realization though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ColoradoMicrobadge: MiningMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fan
Heya, I just wanted to say thanks! I used this during the Kickstarter and it was an enormous help with sleeving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
vincentdante wrote:
I reckon I'll be sleeving the shuffled cards, I imagine if I sleeve everything space may become an issue. I think it's Standard American right? This thread reminded me I'll have to work out how many packs I need, probably the best thread to have that realization though.
Yep it's Mage's Standard American. There's a host of other brands that make sleeves that fit as well, a bunch have links in the spreadsheet -- anything that says 'Game Sleeves' should fit.

And yeah it's a very convenient thread to remember in haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Whitedamp wrote:
Heya, I just wanted to say thanks! I used this during the Kickstarter and it was an enormous help with sleeving.
You're very welcome, I'm glad it helped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
I added Mage bundles into the custom card counts calculator. This was pretty tricky, so definitely let me know if you see any weird behavior!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jakob
United States
flag msg tools
Excellent work. I assembled a similar list in Notepad when the backerkit first opened.

By the way, I think you linked the wrong type of FFG game sleeves in the card sleeves section. From what I've been told online, the KD:M cards are too small for the (purple) standard European FFG sleeves and (green) standard American sleeves should be used instead (I cannot verify this myself, since I don't have the game).

Here's the correct link: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/fantasy-fligh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
Microbadge: Vital Lacerda fanMicrobadge: Heaven & Ale fan!Microbadge: I don't use any card sleevesMicrobadge: I backed Kingdom Death: Monster on KickstarterMicrobadge: Eric M. Lang fan
vincentdante wrote:
I reckon I'll be sleeving the shuffled cards, I imagine if I sleeve everything space may become an issue.
I've been wondering about this. If you sleeve literally everything... does all the core stuff fit back in the box? I imagine I'll have to find a storage solution once all the expansions roll in but it would be nice if the core box still fit into the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Thimbleweed wrote:
Excellent work. I assembled a similar list in Notepad when the backerkit first opened.

By the way, I think you linked the wrong type of FFG game sleeves in the card sleeves section. From what I've been told online, the KD:M cards are too small for the (purple) standard European FFG sleeves and (green) standard American sleeves should be used instead (I cannot verify this myself, since I don't have the game).

Here's the correct link: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/fantasy-fligh...
Aha, you are correct! Updated the link, thanks for catching it. I got thrown because the purples list basically the same size as the Mage sleeves (59x92) BUT FFG lists the size of the cards that fit in the sleeves whereas Mage list the size of the sleeve itself.

boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
I've been wondering about this. If you sleeve literally everything... does all the core stuff fit back in the box? I imagine I'll have to find a storage solution once all the expansions roll in but it would be nice if the core box still fit into the box.
The core game will fit in the box sleeved, yes. Expansions won't fit though.

If you want to fit expansion materials in the box you'll need to get or make a custom box insert. You can buy a wooden one from these guys (https://topdownterrain.com/collections/hobby-accessories/pro...) for $65 or check out making your own with these schematics (https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/129695/box-insert-plan-st...) from bodesta. Making your own is pretty cheap, this foamboard (http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/460851/Office-Depot-Br...) is only $11.

Edit: unrelated, but am I missing something or does the link insertion on BGG just straight up not work? Like it's impossible to have non-link text be a link, ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dying Tickles
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Microbadge: Microbadge: Microbadge: Microbadge:
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
vincentdante wrote:
I reckon I'll be sleeving the shuffled cards, I imagine if I sleeve everything space may become an issue.
The insert that comes with the game should be replaced. I found an insert from one of the threads here and use that. I sleeve all the cards but the gear cards and have plenty of space. Everything but the rule books and minis fit back in the core game box. I could easily put the rule books in there, too, but I have binder clips holding the core game book together since it was beginning to fall apart at the seams.

Edit: Even though I don't sleeve the gear cards, sleeving them wouldn't be a problem, either, because the part of the insert that holds them is only half full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
Microbadge: Vital Lacerda fanMicrobadge: Heaven & Ale fan!Microbadge: I don't use any card sleevesMicrobadge: I backed Kingdom Death: Monster on KickstarterMicrobadge: Eric M. Lang fan
Ah cool. I was planning to display most of the minis anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unai Martinez
Spain
Heppenheim
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
No Paladin sleeves in the new version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
umartinez wrote:
No Paladin sleeves in the new version?
As far as I can tell you can't actually buy Paladin sleeves at the moment. They seem to be in a limbo between closing their KS and shipping from their store.

For example, their webstore page for the game card sized sleeves is:

http://www.nskn.net/en2/paladin/standard-american/

There's not even a price listed there, so there's nothing to put in the spreadsheet. Once they update their store with listed prices and it's possible to place an order with them I'll be happy to add them as options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Lacke
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fanMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: Ameritrash fan
Just chiming in to say thank you for your work on this. It was immensely helpful during the various sleeve KS campaigns that followed.

Also my preferred method of getting hyped for my incoming KD:M loot. (I have a saved copy on my drive with my pledge specifics)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unai Martinez
Spain
Heppenheim
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Thank you! It has absolutely sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creston Fenn
msg tools
What quality of sleeves to you guys suggest??? I was thinking of getting the mayday chimeria for the normal sleeves. Just wanted to get peoples opinion before I order 800 of them! They seem like a step about penny. Being thinner might be nicer because of space. Also, i was thinking premium is not needed as much because the cards are shuffled and used less?

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/mdg7044.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Lacke
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fanMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: Ameritrash fan
cfrun02 wrote:
What quality of sleeves to you guys suggest??? I was thinking of getting the mayday chimeria for the normal sleeves. Just wanted to get peoples opinion before I order 800 of them! They seem like a step about penny. Being thinner might be nicer because of space. Also, i was thinking premium is not needed as much because the cards are shuffled and used less?

They're generally not very well-regarded. They don't hold the card very snugly because they're so thin, so cards fall out and they bunch up like little annoying trash bags when you handle the cards. That's just my experience. Swan Panasia (premium) are a good compromise between cost and quality, and they're not as thick as some of the other brands, so that's usually the route I go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creston Fenn
msg tools
thedodus wrote:
cfrun02 wrote:

They're generally not very well-regarded. They don't hold the card very snugly because they're so thin, so cards fall out and they bunch up like little annoying trash bags when you handle the cards. That's just my experience. Swan Panasia (premium) are a good compromise between cost and quality, and they're not as thick as some of the other brands, so that's usually the route I go.
Great! Thanks for the info! I for sure don't want my precious KD cards to fall out :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Microbadge: AH LCG - The SurvivorMicrobadge: I backed Kingdom Death: Monster on KickstarterMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster - my corpses pave the groundMicrobadge: Tainted Grail fanMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG poster
Bumping

Also it appears FFG might be my only local option for standard American card sleeves. Haven’t used them before (I use Dragon Shield for Arkham Horror lcg) are they good quality? 14 packs of that will work, wow I didn’t realise how many cards this game actually had until I saw how much I would have to spend on sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
Yes, the FFG sleeves have a good quality. So far I only used them with FFG games though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Baxter
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Gary Gygax fanMicrobadge: Puerto Rico: Anniversary Edition fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Walt Whitman fan
A lot of information all over the place and hard to put it all together.

If I wanted to get just Mage sleeves to sleeve the entire core set, what exactly do I want to order? I'm assuming the special sleeves from the KS are now available on their site but its a mess to navigate...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Streaky wrote:
A lot of information all over the place and hard to put it all together.

If I wanted to get just Mage sleeves to sleeve the entire core set, what exactly do I want to order? I'm assuming the special sleeves from the KS are now available on their site but its a mess to navigate...
If you look at the spreadsheet (second link in the OP) and go to the 'Card Sleeves' tab there's a big table that lays out a lot of information. The first row in that table is labeled 'Core' -- that means it's for the core game only. The different columns are different card sleeve brands. There's a column labeled 'Mage Co', and it shows how many of each card pack you'd need, in this case 14 game sleeve packs, 7 gear sleeve packs, and 1 each of the settlement sleeve packs.

To get links to actually buy the sleeves scroll down below all the tables and there's a list of links. You're looking for the ones labeled 'Mage Game Sleeves', 'Mage Gear Sleeves', etc.

One thing to note about Mage is that they're currently struggling to actually ship out their sleeves with the backlog from their KS and perhaps some poor choices involving their distributor. Currently they're estimating that orders will ship in 'November', but it's not entirely certain if they'll actually manage that. If you're looking for sleeves sooner rather than later I'd recommend the Swan brand sleeves. You can find the numbers for those packs in the column next to the Mage sleeves, labeled 'Swan'. There are links to their store as well in the link list.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Baxter
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Gary Gygax fanMicrobadge: Puerto Rico: Anniversary Edition fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Walt Whitman fan
Which sleeves are sold out from Mage?

Looks like the official KDM store has the gear sleeves in stock but that's it...

UPDATE: I just ordered everything I needed from MAGE. Hopefully it does indeed arrive in November, as my KD:M core set arrives tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |