Subject: Triggering of Min's Trip Mines rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flo P
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the trip mines only trigger (token gets revealed) if a hero ends his turn on the token or also if he moves through/over that token? The second situation could arise if a hero wants to reach the space behind a mine, but can't do so without moving over the mine, because the other spots are blocked by units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
bluesheep wrote:
Do the trip mines only trigger (token gets revealed) if a hero ends his turn on the token or also if he moves through/over that token?
Ending the turn on the mine does not trigger it. You have to either move on to the mine, or off the mine on your turn in which case it's reveled instantly.

No, it's not.

Simply follow the card's text
Quote:
On his turn, if any hero moves to or from the space with a token, reveal the token.

Which means, if you end up on a hex with a mine during some other player's turn (thanks to some other hero's actions) the mine will not explode, as long as you don't move from that space on your turn.
And since all tokens are removed at the end of the round, as long as you manage to not die from something else, you'll be fine.

bluesheep wrote:

The second situation could arise if a hero wants to reach the space behind a mine, but can't do so without moving over the mine, because the other spots are blocked by units.

As soon as you step on the mine space on your turn, it's revealed.
The only way to move through a mine without revealing it is by using some skill which allows you to "ignore obstacles on the way", such as Steam Jump or to use Teleport which places you directly to a space in range.

So if the mine is blocking your way, you have to either take a risk and hope it's a dud, or find your way around Blocking-off paths for the enemy heroes is the primary use of Min's mines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo P
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Arty, the second part of your answer was what I was looking for.

Sorry for the confusion in the first part, I didn't state that answer carefully enough (btw you added a sentence to my quote there). I shouldn't have been talking about ending the turn, but rather about the distinction between moving through the mine (like in the example: stopping on a spot behind it) and stopping on the mine.
At first I understood the "move to" on the card as if the mine spot has to be the destination the character actually wants to reach in order to trigger the mine (that is you have to place your miniature on the mine to trigger it) while moving through what leave it untriggered. I am glad you could clarify the rule so quickly and solve my misconception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you ever stop on a mine? I just don't see how that would happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
Why would you ever stop on a mine? I just don't see how that would happen.

You wouldn't. But someone else might stop you on a mine. Many characters have the ability to move others. That's why the "or leave" part is so relevant. There's also the option of putting a bomb in a choke point. That might force others to move through it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.