SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: What if you don't complete the milestones? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Micairan
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I have played a couple games and I have noticed that you don't necessarily need to claim any milestones to win a game so my question is, if you don't claim any milestones throughout the campaign, do you unlock any of the boxes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
my projects: The Silken Threads Descent Campaign; Dawn of Civilization Mod
mbmbmbmbmb
no. boxes are unlocked due to milestones, all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you opt against claiming the "unlock" milestones, you will effectively be trapped in Game 1 ... FOREVER!

But you're right, claiming milestones is otherwise entirely optional. However, in my campaign, milestones were heavily contested -- and it seems odd to me that players in your game would manage to avoid (either on purpose or by accident) claiming any milestones even after a couple of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:

...But you're right, claiming milestones is otherwise entirely optional...

Just to clarify: If you fulfill the prerequisite for a milestone, claiming it is mandatory. Of course, you can still avoid fulfilling the requirements.

I'm sure Becq meant the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True. What I meant was "pursuing". But it's a distinction worth pointing out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If you find that you and your players aren't going for milestones, remind everybody that they are worth a fair amount of glory, and (minor early game spoiler)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
almost all milestones award a permanent upgrade on par with those gained from winning a game.

They really should be inherently attractive enough that you shouldn't be stalled because people aren't trying for them. Heck, if anything, I think they're too rewarding, and many here have suggested cutting the glory awarded by them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to forget that milestones are the only way to advance the storyline, so it's in everyone's interest to claim them sooner than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.