Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I had a Fall Back activation for an enemy LAT/Pinned unit.

The unit had 2 choices to choose from. Both were Woods cards.

According to the Priority:

1: Card out of LOS of any US units. (Not possible)
2: Highest Terrain value (Both were Woods, so tied)
3: Determine the card randomly.

Now, here was my issue, One card had VoF - A with Crossfire. The other Card had no VoF. So, does the unit really randomly decide and could choose to move to the Card that is being Fired on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Now, here was my issue, One card had VoF - A with Crossfire. The other Card had no VoF. So, does the unit really randomly decide and could choose to move to the Card that is being Fired on?

Correct. It could randomly end up on a card with a VOF.

Best,
Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit surprising to me. I am trying to understand how that works. Or perhaps I should think of it as the men do not know which way to go in the heat of battle and accidentally wind up getting shot at again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A bit surprising to me. I am trying to understand how that works. Or perhaps I should think of it as the men do not know which way to go in the heat of battle and accidentally wind up getting shot at again.

That's a great way to think about it.

Now close your eyes, take a deep breath, and repeat this slowly five times, "This is not ASL. This is not ASL . . . " :-)

Seriously, as a fellow ASLer, I can assure you that playing FoF we have to dispense with many of our ingrained and unrealistic notions of control. I had many of the same questions, etc. when FoF first came out nine years ago. And for the same reasons. My best advice is to take the procedures and priorities at face value and watch how it works.

Very glad you are enjoying this!

Best,
Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also its a LAT or pinned it knows there is incoming and its avoiding obvious enemies. Its not gifted with superhuman godlike powers to know exactly what is going on on the battlefield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said, Jerry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.