Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Yi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I had no idea Lords of Waterdeep finally was made available for Android devices! Also, the Google Play Store says the 50% off sale ends in two days. Fantastic game, still one of my favorite worker placement games even though it's not too hard.

So far there's barely 1,000 downloads, so I'm guessing this is brand new. Where was all the buzz? Either way, great for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playdekgam...

BGG Link: Lords of Waterdeep
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 3 games so far, and have enjoyed them all quite a bit.

Great implementation of a great game. I highly recommend this app, though have not bought/played the expansions thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Brighton
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chris,

Here are a couple of GLs to which you can subscribe. One for upcoming games and one for currently available games. Enjoy!

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/153568/board-games-coming...

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/72020/android-versions-ac...

Cheers,
Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Brighton
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:
I've played 3 games so far, and have enjoyed them all quite a bit.

Great implementation of a great game. I highly recommend this app, though have not bought/played the expansions thus far.

Concur with this - it's a great implementation. Only had one issue so far - can't add 'friends' to a game for some reason. (Have tried drag-and-drop and double-click). Everything else is really nicely done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Yi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joebri wrote:
Hey Chris,

Here are a couple of GLs to which you can subscribe. One for upcoming games and one for currently available games. Enjoy!

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/153568/board-games-coming...

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/72020/android-versions-ac...

Cheers,
Joel

I appreciate it! I've perused them before, but you're right, I should subscribe to 'em. I need to BGG better. Now I can rest assured Milles Bornes won't come out without me knowing. [/joke]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Au
Australia
flag msg tools
Is it playable on a phone, or are you folks using a tablet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ray
United States
Ledbetter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its playable on a phone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Au
Australia
flag msg tools
Nice, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Yi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markau wrote:

Yup. I'm quite familiar with the cards, so I don't have to do this often, but you can tap on them or hold down on them to embiggen them so you can read the text more clearly. Other than that, looks quite good on my phone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Kluge
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's also new on Steam this week, and may still be on sale this week at 30% off-around $11.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
I just picked up LoW on Android. Already liking it. LoW is new to me, but for ages, I've read people saying that Scoundrels of SP is absolutely crucial. Is it? I'm sort of enjoying it as is.

On a related note: are the IAP on sale, too? Will they go up after the initial Android release price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Yi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bobby Factor wrote:
I just picked up LoW on Android. Already liking it. LoW is new to me, but for ages, I've read people saying that Scoundrels of SP is absolutely crucial. Is it? I'm sort of enjoying it as is.

On a related note: are the IAP on sale, too? Will they go up after the initial Android release price?

If you're enjoying it as is, then enjoy it without the expansion. I haven't bought the expansion yet, even though I've owned the game for years. I have gotten to a point where I pull it out less, three years later, so next time I see it on a good deal, I will probably jump on it. I think $2.99 for IAP is pretty standard for games like this, but I'm not sure if it's discounted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarfs are not Happy
mbmbmb
markau wrote:

Totally workable on a phone. I've also got it rocking on a Kindle Fire HD and that's just about the right size for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.