Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb

Tonight on GameNight!, Nikki, Mike, Dave and Lincoln play Dice Forge, designed by Régis Bonnessée and published by Libellud & Asmodee.

Thanks for watching and please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how we run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
I love seeing the next Gamenight episode in my youtube subscription - look forward to watching this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
would you once per season let the fans choose a game? a poll here on bgg

you're crushing the competition when it comes to full playthroughs zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wheeler
United States
Mobridge
South Dakota
flag msg tools
No peeking!
badge
The item is not here.
mbmbmbmbmb
It was great to see you enjoy this one so much Dave. I like it a lot too. It's such a neat game and it was such a good design decision to have everyone always rolling those awesome dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb
Ryan Wheeler wrote:
It's such a neat game and it was such a good design decision to have everyone always rolling those awesome dice.

That right there makes the game great. There is a lot of fun stuff in it but with everyone rolling and the Oustings there is a lot for others to do between their actual turns.

Good to hear from you Ryan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Latvaitis
United States
Peoria Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Geekmail me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you guys do Klondike solitaire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAURICIO FLORES
Australia
Hectorville
L
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping you would compare this one to Rattlebones in the video, since you are one of the few people who have played both of these Dice building games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
mdeflo wrote:
I was hoping you would compare this one to Rattlebones in the video, since you are one of the few people who have played both of these Dice building games.

Agreed, I expected some discussion about that too, I think they're the first two dice building games right? Anyhow, great episode as usual. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:
Agreed, I expected some discussion about that too, I think they're the first two dice building games right? Anyhow, great episode as usual. thumbsup

At least one of the LEGO board games (that noone bought) had the mechanism, too if I remember correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mars
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JadedGamer wrote:
Luds wrote:

At least one of the LEGO board games (that noone bought) had the mechanism, too if I remember correctly.

The Lego one, if I remember correctly, had 4 spots on each face that you could replace with a particular color lego tile for different results. It's a cool idea, I'll have to dig it out of the kid's closet again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:
mdeflo wrote:

I've played both and thoroughly enjoyed both -- though my plays have been short.

Rattlebones = 6 or so times
Dice Forge = 3 times (twice with the starting setting up and once with secondary cards)

Rattlebones is super light and you are really just juggling 2 or 3 options to score. I like that the actions do something rather than just claim resources, but that something is usually very light (collect VP, move train, get stock, get coin, reroll, etc.). It's very quick and set up is a breeze if you get the 10pk dollar store containers. You literally can't make the game much more simpler -- Pick 1 die, Roll die, Do action. I would compare this game to Dominion in the sense that you try to set up your dice (deck in Dominion) as fast as possible followed by seeing how your engine/dice (deck in Dominion) pans out. Essentially 2 phases in the game, build your dice then watch it perform.

Dice Forge is a different beast and a step up in complexity (albeit not by much). Your dice get rolled every turn and is mostly exclusive to resource collection (with some minor exceptions). Card abilities definitely change up the game. I do wish there was more activation abilities rather than straight VP cards or one-time effect resource grabs but the options in the game are plentiful. Downside is that this game definitely benefits having 4-players as you get an extra resource roll AND there are more players at the portals.

I prefer Dice Forge -- all 3 plays have been very enjoyable and rolling terribly in DF doesn't seem so bad as you roll every single turn as oppose to just on your turn with Rattlebones. Rattlebone also runs into some things are just clearly better than others. For example, the coins are a bit underpowered or if the thief is an option, it really nulls some options as the thief ability is brutal. I'm happy with both in my collection; though I would only get Rattlebones if you find it on deep discount (which it has been of late). DF is a fantastic price out the gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Fraser
Canada
Lower Sackville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to try this game !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.