Popular Tags: [View All]
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a variant in the rules that says toy lose the game if you run out of flame tokens and need to put out another.
But what do you do if you aren't playing with that variant and run out of flame tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dunaway
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
There is a variant in the rules that says toy lose the game if you run out of flame tokens and need to put out another.
But what do you do if you aren't playing with that variant and run out of flame tokens?

My gaming group uses that particular rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jd4556 wrote:
jayelbird wrote:

I must be playing wrong. I've played a number of times, and this issue has come up each time so far (and I haven't won yet). It may be that I'm not pushing my luck, but I appear to be hitting a balance across all the tiles that prevent them from exploding until they all have fire.

If it were me, I would make the rule as follows: If you ever must place a fire token on a space but there are no more fire tokens available, instead immediately return all fire tokens on that space to the supply then scorch that tile as normal as if the scorch limit on that tile had been reached.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dunaway
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
jd4556 wrote:
jayelbird wrote:

I must be playing wrong. I've played a number of times, and this issue has come up each time so far (and I haven't won yet). It may be that I'm not pushing my luck, but I appear to be hitting a balance across all the tiles that prevent them from exploding until they all have fire.

If it were me, I would make the rule as follows: If you ever must place a fire token on a space but there are no more fire tokens available, instead immediately return all fire tokens on that space to the supply then scorch that tile as normal as if the scorch limit on that tile had been reached.

If seen this a few times and attribute it to bad die rolls and the fire card deck really working against it. Just for the heck of it, try removing the light combining breeze and strong combining breeze from the fire cards deck, or use the Less Difficult variant.

If you did that, scorching all the tiles on fire would push you way past the 8 scorch tile limit and you'd lose the game anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:

I am wondering the same thing. I will play with the variant with my game group but not with my kids. So what do we do when we cannot place a flame token.

I have had this come up a couple of ways, spreading the fire as well as dealing with the propane take going boom and not having enough flame for all ajacient tiles.

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I got back from Fireside Games:

"If you run out of flame tokens, place holders (like coins, or spent reward tokens) can be put on the tiles instead. Usually, this means that a few tiles are about to scorch, and players will get the flame tokens back."

Thank you
Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brenner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
rlphay wrote:

"If you run out of flame tokens, place holders (like coins, or spent reward tokens) can be put on the tiles instead. Usually, this means that a few tiles are about to scorch, and players will get the flame tokens back."

Thank you
Ray

Cool to hear something from the publisher! When I need extra flame tokens, I simply use the back side of a discarded fire card, and then replace it with the flame token as soon as one is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DukePhoenix wrote:
rlphay wrote:

Thank you
Ray

Cool to hear something from the publisher! When I need extra flame tokens, I simply use the back side of a discarded fire card, and then replace it with the flame token as soon as one is available.

I actually have a bunch of the D&D plastic mini pre painted flame figures and those although they do not look the same work good as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:

I actually threw a few fire tokens from flashpoint into the box. Obviously, if you don’t have flashpoint, this may not be an option for you. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.