United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rio Grand Games just posted on facebook...
https://www.facebook.com/rio.games
Quote:
We have recently learned that counterfeit copies of the game are being distributed via Amazon’s Fulfillment by Amazon service. We have purchased confirmed counterfeit copies of the game from the following third-party retailers on Amazon:
FastnBest LLC
Daily Deals Shop (NO TAX)
Tax Free Tech
Speedybuyllc
Of course, more may show up and we will continue to monitor this situation. If you bought a counterfeit version of the Dominion 2nd edition game, we encourage you to return it to Amazon for a refund – and hope you will buy another from a reputable retailer. Of course, most sellers are selling legit games, including, of course, Amazon itself. For those who are uncertain if the game they bought is a counterfeit, there are two obvious differences. The counterfeit game has a VERY badly made plastic inlay with crumpled look
and the artists names on the cards are not white, but tend toward orange and red. If your game has this, it is counterfeit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A H
msg tools
JeffyJeff wrote:
Rio Grand Games just posted on facebook...
https://www.facebook.com/rio.games
Quote:
We have recently learned that counterfeit copies of the game are being distributed via Amazon’s Fulfillment by Amazon service. We have purchased confirmed counterfeit copies of the game from the following third-party retailers on Amazon:
FastnBest LLC
Daily Deals Shop (NO TAX)
Tax Free Tech
Speedybuyllc
Of course, more may show up and we will continue to monitor this situation. If you bought a counterfeit version of the Dominion 2nd edition game, we encourage you to return it to Amazon for a refund – and hope you will buy another from a reputable retailer. Of course, most sellers are selling legit games, including, of course, Amazon itself. For those who are uncertain if the game they bought is a counterfeit, there are two obvious differences. The counterfeit game has a VERY badly made plastic inlay with crumpled look
and the artists names on the cards are not white, but tend toward orange and red. If your game has this, it is counterfeit.

Wow I sure hope they can prove that the inventory was in fact owned/shipped to Amazon by those companies and wasn't just a part of commingled inventory. Because if it was part of commingled inventory, stating those companies sell counterfeit product could get them in legal hot water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Van Der Werf
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
These counterfeit boardgames are being a thing now but it tends to happen only to thr overpriced or overproduced stuff like secret hitler and this. Still, hope they can punish the guys behind it. Often they even come from the same factory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, I knew a guy who was an engineer but had a "side hustle". He made counterfeit NBA "throw-back" basketball jerseys in a third world country. He actually hired the same people that worked in the actual legit business and set up shop right down the street from the real factory. He bought the same materials also. So for all intents and purpose, they were just as good as the originals but they were indeed counterfeit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted in another thread about actual theft of Dominion and other games. At this point I thought everybody was issued a copy of the game at birth

I guess this is a problem which will just keep getting worse. I've overheard people saying they'll buy any adequate counterfeit because prices are getting so ridiculous here. Some games are just flimsy cardboard not worth the asking price (Aeon's End was particularly crappy at the price I paid). No wonder people put up with fakes.

However, Dominion is usually much higher quality. It's one of the games where I feel I'm getting something for my money (and with a new expansion every weekend that's a lot of something). I'm sure these counterfeits must be pretty awful quality, otherwise perhaps Rio Grande should switch to whichever pirate factory is being used

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbrook29 wrote:
Yeah, I knew a guy who was an engineer but had a "side hustle". He made counterfeit NBA "throw-back" basketball jerseys in a third world country. He actually hired the same people that worked in the actual legit business and set up shop right down the street from the real factory. He bought the same materials also. So for all intents and purpose, they were just as good as the originals but they were indeed counterfeit.

The material to make actual sports jerseys isn't what costs money, it's the licensing. Hence why it costs $200 or more to buy an NHL jersey. The materials don't cost $200 bucks, the licensing does and we're (I include myself since I've got more than 1 NHL jersey) stupid enough to pay that kind of money for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Unfortunately it's not just overpriced games. It happens a lot because paper is cheap. I had to learn for myself to buy only from reputable stores that know and play games and not from Amazon which is becoming bootleg central. Movies, clothing, games, there's so much out there that's not legit because it pays to be shady.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.