Subject: Sagrada reprint - Europe - when? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
spavanko
Croatia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
When should Sagrada reach European retailers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Play games and be awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
lavov wrote:

Shouldn't be much longer now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris Debien
Belgium
Roeselare
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just informed that my pre-order won't be available in september due to only a low amount of copies being available after GenCon. Has anyone else heard this?

Guess I'll have to wait for another reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
"Play is an essential component of Wholehearted living." Brené Brown
badge
What do you mean we don't have time for another game?
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel for my gaming friends "across the pond" who haven't yet received a copy. But on the plus side, I'm really happy for Ben & Floodgate Games to have released a game that continues to rise in popularity. It's always great to see a smaller publisher have so much success, and in this case, it's well-deserved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hammerken wrote:
I was just informed that my pre-order won't be available in september due to only a low amount of copies being available after GenCon. Has anyone else heard this?

Guess I'll have to wait for another reprint.

Sorry you're having trouble, demand definitely increased after we had already started the second print run.

We've started a third, hopeful it will be back in before the end of the year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WooHoo1 wrote:
I feel for my gaming friends "across the pond" who haven't yet received a copy. But on the plus side, I'm really happy for Ben & Floodgate Games to have released a game that continues to rise in popularity. It's always great to see a smaller publisher have so much success, and in this case, it's well-deserved!

Thanks for the compliments, we're really excited that so many people are enjoying it (and so many more want to)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Léo Chabanne
France
Grenoble
FRA
flag msg tools
I forgot one tiny rule..
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, what about localized versions of Sagrada?
For instance, have you planned any German or French edition of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Hollyman
Poland
Gdańsk/Kielce
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Floodgate wrote:
lavov wrote:

Any more specific information is possible? Just realized that the place I have placed the preorder changed the estimated delivery date from September to November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jacus666 wrote:
Floodgate wrote:
lavov wrote:

Any more specific information is possible? Just realized that the place I have placed the preorder changed the estimated delivery date from September to November.

They may not have received as many as they thought... but you'll have to check in with them.

These sell through distributors to retailers, so I don't have great visibility into which stores and how many are received
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leochab wrote:
Ben, what about localized versions of Sagrada?
For instance, have you planned any German or French edition of the game?

More to come on this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KevIn Marriott
United Kingdom
Pembrokeshire
flag msg tools
mb
Frankly the lack of product for the European market is a disgrace.
I'm rapidly losing interest and with only limited funding to buy games...I'm moving on. I will now spend elsewhere.
Very poor demand forecasting...sorry floodgate!
End of term report...

MUST DO BETTER!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
"Play is an essential component of Wholehearted living." Brené Brown
badge
What do you mean we don't have time for another game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevfromle wrote:
Frankly the lack of product for the European market is a disgrace.
I'm rapidly losing interest and with only limited funding to buy games...I'm moving on. I will now spend elsewhere.
Very poor demand forecasting...sorry floodgate!
End of term report...

MUST DO BETTER!

This seems quite inappropriate. Floodgate is a much smaller publisher than say, Days of Wonder, Asmodee, and others. Based on their previous games, Sagrada is selling MUCH better than predicted. Is this a problem? Sure, but it's a good problem, and one that Ben / Floodgate continues to work through.

Generally speaking, lack of a product means "more on the way". That may not always be the case, but in the gaming world, there's usually another print run coming if something is popular and selling out.

A publisher cannot magically make more appear. Nor should they be expected to. But they can work through the problem, which fooodgate is continuing to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WooHoo1 wrote:
Generally speaking, lack of a product means "more on the way". That may not always be the case, but in the gaming world, there's usually another print run coming if something is popular and selling out.

I think part of the frustration stems from the impression (right or wrong) that "more on the way" mainly goes to the US. I still see several stores I could buy it from for a reasonable price if I were located in the US.
Finding a copy in Europe - good luck with that.
If you unsuccessfully tried last time, then pre-ordered to make sure you got one this time around, and aren't getting anything this time either (despite pre-ordering)... well, I'm not surprised that people are getting frustrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Saranac
Serbia
Kragujevac
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Floodgate Games, Any chance on releasing some print and play files until we could purchase in EU? It would give us a chance to try it now, not in 6 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marble911 wrote:
WooHoo1 wrote:

I think part of the frustration stems from the impression (right or wrong) that "more on the way" mainly goes to the US. I still see several stores I could buy it from for a reasonable price if I were located in the US.
Finding a copy in Europe - good luck with that.
If you unsuccessfully tried last time, then pre-ordered to make sure you got one this time around, and aren't getting anything this time either (despite pre-ordering)... well, I'm not surprised that people are getting frustrated.

We try to send out as evenly as we can, sorry if it seems like you're getting the short end on this.

We've also started a (much bigger) third printing that will land in our warehouses around December, out to you shortly after
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saranac wrote:
Floodgate Games, Any chance on releasing some print and play files until we could purchase in EU? It would give us a chance to try it now, not in 6 months.

Hey Aleksandar-

We're not planning a PNP for this one, sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevfromle wrote:
MUST DO BETTER!

Don't we all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marble911 wrote:

If it's any comfort at all, it's come in and out of stock twice online in the US in the past week, and shown up in Barnes and Noble B&M stores, but has yet to appear as even orderable from their distributors for my local FLGS's, and they're in the same city as Floodgate Games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tam Bal
Germany
flag msg tools
I've ordered this game 6 months ago (Germany) and still waiting for it.
This is not the way a fair distribution should work. ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tambal wrote:

Agreed. Floodgate's distributors aren't exactly distributing so much as dropping the whole batch in one place.

After all this time and empty promises, I'm beginning to wonder whether the wait will be worth it. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikołaj Musialik
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
FYI one store in Poland got some units - ive just got one for myself.
This topic made me feel like I would wait months for game - Im suprised as you may be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toadflax234 wrote:
Tambal wrote:

Agreed. Floodgate's distributors aren't exactly distributing so much as dropping the whole batch in one place.

After all this time and empty promises, I'm beginning to wonder whether the wait will be worth it. cry

The distribution was pretty even from what I saw... Fortunately, the third printing is underway and scheduled to finish early!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Floodgate wrote:
Toadflax234 wrote:
Tambal wrote:

The distribution was pretty even from what I saw... Fortunately, the third printing is underway and scheduled to finish early!

I've seen posts from people all over the UK - seems none got here!

Still, hopefully we'll get some in the third printing. Very glad to hear it's on its way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudia Scharf
Germany
flag msg tools
Is there any chance to get a copy in Essen at the SPIEL?
Thanks for answering!

Toadflax234 wrote:
Floodgate wrote:
Toadflax234 wrote:
Tambal wrote:

Still, hopefully we'll get some in the third printing. Very glad to hear it's on its way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Travellingmatti wrote:
Is there any chance to get a copy in Essen at the SPIEL?
Thanks for answering!

Toadflax234 wrote:
Floodgate wrote:
Toadflax234 wrote:
Tambal wrote:

They said on their Twitter feed that they won't be there.
https://twitter.com/FloodgateGames/status/911617131279732737

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.