Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will pledging forthe 2019 Conan KS invalidate stuff we already own or plan to buy or can everything be integrated ?

Basically my question is wether to stop buying/pledging the current products because the 2019 Conan will be superior and incompatible.

I have limited playtime and lots of games so I won't play much Conan until 2019.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harshman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems a bit early to presume what is going to happen in 2019?

My only suggestion would be that if they do reprint the game and update errata for cards, etc, that they make an update pack available for all existing game owners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ares71 wrote:

I hoped for leaked information which I may have missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:
ares71 wrote:

I hoped for leaked information which I may have missed.

I don't think they've really even started as they're doing Batman right now and then Claustrophobia. Keep in mind if the next Conan KS is in 2019, that means the game won't actually be delivered until 2020. The game is pretty awesome right now. Why wait?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:
Will pledging forthe 2019 Conan KS invalidate stuff we already own or plan to buy or can everything be integrated ?

Basically my question is wether to stop buying/pledging the current products because the 2019 Conan will be superior and incompatible.

I have limited playtime and lots of games so I won't play much Conan until 2019.

From what I heard, the 2019 Conan will suck. But the 2022 Conan is gonna be AWSOME! I would wait for that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
Keep in mind if the next Conan KS is in 2019, that means the game won't actually be delivered until 2020.

Wow, you're optimistic .

DancingFool wrote:
The game is pretty awesome right now. Why wait?

Can't argue with that.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." (Except, just maybe, LOS.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board In Brum
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All we know is that they plan to integrate, expand and give us an Overlord vs Overlord mode, so all is good. Mythic and Monolith aren't the kind of developers to screw people around. They seem to be in it for the long-run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bootie wrote:
All we know is that they plan to integrate, expand and give us an Overlord vs Overlord mode, so all is good. Mythic and Monolith aren't the kind of developers to screw people around. They seem to be in it for the long-run.

Tell that to the backers we were promised that the Dragon, the Black Ones, and the guest artist expansions would be available at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
necroloid123 wrote:
Bootie wrote:

Tell that to the backers we were promised that the Dragon, the Black Ones, and the guest artist expansions would be available at retail.

I think it is not Monolith's fault if the distributor decided to not make these available in retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathhatt wrote:
necroloid123 wrote:
Bootie wrote:

I think it is not Monolith's fault if the distributor decided to not make these available in retail.
could you please give me a link to where it was officially stated buy Monolith that it was the Distributors that made the decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
necroloid123 wrote:
mathhatt wrote:
necroloid123 wrote:
Bootie wrote:

could you please give me a link to where it was officially stated buy Monolith that it was the Distributors that made the decision.

I am sorry I do not remember when I read this, perhaps on the overlor. If I find it I will link it here. Perhaps bad kam could confirm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
mathhatt wrote:
necroloid123 wrote:
mathhatt wrote:
necroloid123 wrote:
Bootie wrote:

I am sorry I do not remember when I read this, perhaps on the overlor. If I find it I will link it here. Perhaps bad kam could confirm?

I confirm.

Our distributor did not find Conan being a success enough to offer the other add-ons we were supposed to sell via retail.
And without a possibility to switch distributors...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:
mathhatt wrote:
necroloid123 wrote:
mathhatt wrote:
necroloid123 wrote:
Bootie wrote:

I confirm.

Our distributor did not find Conan being a success enough to offer the other add-ons we were supposed to sell via retail.
fair enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:
mathhatt wrote:
necroloid123 wrote:
mathhatt wrote:
necroloid123 wrote:
Bootie wrote:

I confirm.

Not possible to open up a monolith webshop ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:
BadKam wrote:
mathhatt wrote:
necroloid123 wrote:
mathhatt wrote:
necroloid123 wrote:
Bootie wrote:

I confirm.

Not possible to open up a monolith webshop ?

If only there was a way that people might pay in advance and then, once the numbers are confirmed, produce the pieces to ship at a later date. The date would likely be later than originally promised but eventually people would get their game pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm waiting for Conan 2220
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:
mathhatt wrote:
necroloid123 wrote:
mathhatt wrote:
necroloid123 wrote:
Bootie wrote:

I confirm.

Your distributor also decided to raise prices by charging OLGS's more, which reduced the demand for the game, hurting sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:

Your distributor also decided to raise prices by charging OLGS's more, which reduced the demand for the game, hurting sales.

All the more reason to eliminate the middleman distributor and go with the monolith olgs webshop and allow confirmed flgs to buy at a reduced cost from there as well as mrsp content for players with no flgs access.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
ares71 wrote:

My only suggestion would be that if they do reprint the game and update errata for cards, etc, that they make an update pack available for all existing game owners.

This would be fantastic. If Conan returns to kickstarter I would easily pay for an update pack that included fixed versions of all cards/components that had errors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmic Tavern wrote:
ares71 wrote:

This would be fantastic. If Conan returns to kickstarter I would easily pay for an update pack that included fixed versions of all cards/components that had errors.

You'd pay for game pieces that should have been correct in the first place?

Next kickstarter I run, I'm gonna intentionally misprint product and double my money!

Just teasing, I'd probably at least pay shipping just because I'm weak and want fixed pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kirk Agathon wrote:
Cosmic Tavern wrote:
ares71 wrote:

Next kickstarter I run, I'm gonna intentionally misprint product and double my money!

Just teasing, I'd probably at least pay shipping just because I'm weak and want fixed pieces.

A "free" fix pack would be great but I would pay a few dollars for the fixed cards and pieces if I had to. Not a huge deal to have minor messups but it still bugs me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmic Tavern wrote:

A "free" fix pack would be great but I would pay a few dollars for the fixed cards and pieces if I had to. Not a huge deal to have minor messups but it still bugs me.

Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harshman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirk Agathon wrote:
Cosmic Tavern wrote:
ares71 wrote:

There was a Knights of the Dinner Table comic strip about a game publisher doing a player's handbook that intentionally made errors so they could sell
an updated version with errata later, thereby doubling their sales. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.