Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick, help me make a decision!

Was about to buy this game to play with my girlfriend, but it became unclear in reading about it whether the starter set would provide sufficient game to keep us entertained, or whether the system basically requires you to buy extra boosters/sets in order to make the game good.

We do already own Quarriors, but as we're both Marvel fans this seemed like it might be fun. But if it's only going to be fun after buying a bunch more sets and boosters, we'll pass. Is this a fun game right out of the box? Let me know!

EDIT: Ended up deciding to pass on this until I can find a larger bundle cheap. Thanks for the input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, I didn't feel it was enough so I bought two starters. That worked very well for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Spencer
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to make one purchase and have the best time with Dice Masters, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Dice Masters: Heroes in a Half Shell box set is the best single purchase. It will give you plenty of options!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Fritz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jake has it right. The starter sets are a way to get into the game with the assumption that you'll be filling out your collection with additional packs.

The Teenage Mutant Turtles box sets are more of a complete experience. They still benefit from being played as part of the larger Dice Masters ecosystem, but they are, themselves, the sum total of all TMNT content in the game thusfar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hroom. Not the information I was hoping for, but probably the information I needed.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another option: look on eBay for a common/uncommon set for about $20. That plus the starter set and you should be totally set with a lot of teambuilding options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark treitel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mb
That is what I did. You can buy common/uncommon set for that amount. With that, and two starter sets, you have more than enough. Paper dice bags rip easily though. (That happened to me and only used a few times).

"Another option: look on eBay for a common/uncommon set for about $20. That plus the starter set and you should be totally set with a lot of teambuilding options."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.