11 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Conditions and movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ccwyxx c
msg tools
mbmb
Q1. If an investigator has 2 conditions (injuries) that need to roll a 5/6 to remove during a rest action, can both conditions be tested in a single rest action?

Q2. Can an investigator use move action twice in a row?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ccwyxx wrote:
Q1. If an investigator has 2 conditions (injuries) that need to roll a 5/6 to remove during a rest action, can both conditions be tested in a single rest action?

Q2. Can an investigator use move action twice in a row?

1. Yes. When you rest, everything that triggers on 'when you take a rest action' goes off.

2. No. You can not take the same action twice in the same turn unless something specifically allows it. If you want to move more than one space in the same turn, you'll need to get/use tickets, then take the travel action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1. All effects that are tied to "When you perform a rest action" trigger when you do that action, so can roll for all injuries during one rest.

Q2. No. Your two actions must be different.

Edit: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ccwyxx c
msg tools
mbmb
Ah.. Looks like I got the first onr right and the second one wrong.. no wonder I am able hit monsters so swiftly... doesn't feel right.

Guess I need to reset the game. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alaska Saedelaere
msg tools
mbmb
"Hitting monsters swiftly"?! - You do know that combat encounters take place during the encounter phase, not during the action phase, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Tan
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ccwyxx wrote:
Ah.. Looks like I got the first onr right and the second one wrong.. no wonder I am able hit monsters so swiftly... doesn't feel right.

Yeah, much mystery in your sentence you have there..move and hit swiftly? goo

Technically, you CAN move two spaces when you are at a city by using 1 action to take a ticket and move using the ticket to add one space.

Or if you have the expansion and play Marie Lambeau. Her investigator action is Action: Perform an action you have already performed this round.

Another tip though : hitting regular goons/monsters is actually time wasting in this game, unless that monster is disrupting you from solving the mystery, or you need to beat up that monster to close that gate behind it to prevent the doom track to go down to 0.

In Eldritch horror, time is of the essence...and you really really need to fully use your actions before the gates/mythos cards/monsters that reduce the doom track overwhelms you halfway into the game. robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kazuki85 wrote:
ccwyxx wrote:

Technically, you CAN move two spaces when you are at a city by using 1 action to take a ticket and move using the ticket to add one space.
OK, I'm assuming that you've just muddied your phrasing on this because it's one action to take a ticket and another action to move and then extend the move using a ticket. Not - as your phrasing indicates - one action to buy the ticket and then move+extend.

You don't need to be in a city to do the extended move, you just need to have the ticket(s) available when you need them. Of course you can only acquire them in cities (and only in cities with the type of connection that matches the ticket that you want).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lorinor wrote:
"Hitting monsters swiftly"?! - You do know that combat encounters take place during the encounter phase, not during the action phase, right?
No, I think you're just looking to find rules errors. I believe that the OP means that it's possible to move to the location of the monster "swiftly" because they are taking two move actions in a turn.

Mobility is a significant constraint in EH - especially with lower Investigator counts. So getting this wrong will have a massive effect on the difficulty of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kazuki85 wrote:
Another tip though : hitting regular goons/monsters is actually time wasting in this game, unless that monster is disrupting you from solving the mystery, or you need to beat up that monster to close that gate behind it to prevent the doom track to go down to 0.
While I don't totally disagree, particularly where there is just a single monster, there is a "hygiene" aspect to this. If you let the monsters build up too much - especially on the "blue" gates - it can become a death-spiral of advancing Doom later in the game. Sometimes deferring actions makes those actions too difficult when you finally have to do them. But that's part of the fun aspect of EH - risk management. And of course it's more important with AOs that have a bias for Monster Surge rather than Reckoning Mythos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ccwyxx c
msg tools
mbmb
Lorinor wrote:

Yes, sure I know.. What I meant is that I had made movements twice using 2 actions and therefore reaching the monster double time, which now I know is not allowed.. otherwise I would have moved 4 spaces with 2 tickets.. move once, spend 2 tickets and move again... that's what I thought can do before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't take the same action twice in a turn, but you can take multiple actions that cause you to move.
For example, Silas Marsh can use his component action to move along a sea route, and then can take a Travel action to move along any route.
He moved twice, but he used two different actions to do it so it is allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.