Hide
5 Posts

Nippon» Forums » General

Subject: Is there any luck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maki ilja
msg tools
Is there a luck factor i like the theam but i would like a game in my collection whit no luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreu P.
Spain
Barcelona
Catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once the game starts, luck is only present in the random distribution of meeples on the action and reserve spaces after every scoring. However, being open information I wouldn't consider it "luck", just minimal needed randomness to avoid purely scripted games. In practice, I'd describe Nippon as a zero-luck game besides turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During game setup, the city tiles and meeples are selected and placed randomly. Then, during the game, the different-colored meeples are randomly chosen out of the bag before they are deployed onto the board to replace the ones used by players, but you will know which colors are coming available well in advance. That is about all of the "luck" that is involved in this game. (EDIT: ninja'ed!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
The only real "luck" factor in the game is on those occasions where you are using meeples of 1 or 2 colours, the supply restocks and brings out just the right colour. That's about it. The game has a very low luck factor to it.

There is randomness in the way the meeples come out of the bag, but you see that and you need to build it into your strategy. Same with the initial city placement.

Hope that helps, and if you want to learn how to play, there is an awesome official rules video
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is 100% luck. I can conceive of no other explanation as to why I lose so badly every time.

(it's really not)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.