Unicornus Knights» Forums » Rules

Subject: Victory Condition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casey Pentz
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
This might be a stupid question, but what is the exact way to win. If the princess gets to the capital, does the Emperor need to be defeated? I'm assuming he does need to be defeated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since he doesn't move(?), you'd need to defeat him to be able to actually take the capital.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Pentz
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Thank you. I thought this was the case, but I also thought you could with 4 players move him by being adjacent and forcing him into battle with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jbreas wrote:
Thank you. I thought this was the case, but I also thought you could with 4 players move him by being adjacent and forcing him into battle with you.

Why would the number of players matter?

He's Defensive, so he won't move to attack adjacent Characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosmic Elucidator

Texas
msg tools
The Princess needs to make it to the center of the Capital tile and survive the act of moving into the space.

So, yes, the Emperor must be defeated. His boss card indicates that he can not be targeted by powers or cards that move enemies. Since he is also a defensive character he will not attack you or the princess on adjacent spaces, so either the players or the princess must defeat him.

Note that it is entirely possible to weaken him and his garrison to the point where the princess can defeat and survive the damage taken in doing so. The players themselves don't necessarily have to be the ones to defeat him, but if he has enough power to kill the princess, the players lose if she moves onto that space and dies in a resulting battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Pentz
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yeah, just finished my first runthrough and realized he's defensive so it doesn't matter. Thanks for the answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Kennedy
msg tools
No where in the rules does it say you need to kill him.

The game says you win if she ends her turn on the capital. The capital is an "area" not the "space" he is sitting on, hence the confusion.

Even the diagram for how the princess moves shows her ending outside the castle in the capital.

I was confused and came looking here because it seems way too easy just to get her to the area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can understand the confusion. Note that all the spaces on the last area are numbered 1, as in 1 space from the final goal. The final goal is not numbered, since there is no choice involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.