Subject: We gonna see some expansion for this GREAT filler game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guille Longhini
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
So yes, this is, by far, the best filler game i played the last years, i played already close to 30 games, with 2, 3 and 4 players, also with the crow variants... and still amazing! So many different games, so many depth! in less than 20 min!!! love this kind of games...

... So, i would like to see this game up in the ranking, and also want to know if theres some expansion planned for this great design.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
Ireland
Kilkenny
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless they represent totally obscure or unimportant houses (House Tarly or Arryn with 1 to 3 cards per house) , I can't see how they could expand this. Unless it's just more companion cards or different mechanics.

I do like the game though, and I won two games this past weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guille Longhini
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Well, theres a lot of possible way to expand this...

Another standalone box, that can be combined, optionally, with this one to make EPIC plays...

More companions (this one is easy)

White Walkers new mechanic: Maybe some card/tile that goes around the board and interact with the the varys movement, restricting some moves or something...

Summarising, i think theres enough room to expand this great game, without loose his essence and, more importantly, without loose the straightforward of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
Ireland
Kilkenny
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine having a game that doesn't have an expansion that I sickeningly feel like I must buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luizzo Cavazke
msg tools
I was thinking in a new way of game with a good expansion.

1° Add new 13 characters. Why 13? Because 36 + 19 = 49. Now our King's Landing have new distribution 7x7 cards.

2° New two houses and new members for other houses:

- Arryn: Robin and Lisa Arryn
- Tully:Brynden aka Black Fish
- Tyrrell : Mace Tyrrell
- Martell: Oberyn Martell, Ellaria, Obara, Nymeria and Tyenne Sand.
- Baratheon: Selysse Florent
- Lannister: Lancel Lannister
- Targaryen: Rhaella Targaryen
- Stark: Ben Stark

We can play like same rules but change the number of members of old houses except Greyjoy.

If someone can made this new cards I will be grateful 😁

Sorry for my English 🤗

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
Ireland
Kilkenny
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New members for other houses doesn't work as houses have a definitive number of members which is noted on the card. Changing the number of members in a house makes that number irrelevant, and that number is important for breaking ties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some games need expansions and some don’t. I think this one is just great as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
RFTGJC wrote:
Some games need expansions and some don’t. I think this one is just great as it is.
I agree. I would fear it could get bogged-down with too much content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Coulter
Canada
Fraser Valley
BC
flag msg tools
mb
The only thing that I would love to see is more companions. But I agree, great game as is. No other house cards needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guille Longhini
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
More companions and a system to choose the first player that brings some advantaje for the second player, something like a one use power or similar. Would be a nice way to counteract the power of the first player, and make a player to choose if he goes first or second...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hengst II
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly more companions with different abilities, but also something like a counter Varys, perhaps when I control Varys my opponent controls this other piece which can block open spots on the map. I do agree that the game seems rather complete already. So perhaps just a small pack with new companion characters. Unless they wanted to introduce factions, like the Watch, Brotherhood Without Banners, Dorne, perhaps some of the factions from across the sea. I could see an expansion designed to increase the size of the game to allow for bigger games with more players. Something along the lines of a Cities of Splendor expansion that is completely optional to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having a companion or other mechanic that could fill in the holes that naturally occur in the grid so that Varys could move over it would be interesting. Should definitely be a limited use thing, but it could be very powerful given the right circumstances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.