Tiny Epic Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Aggresive goblins payment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shabazz
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand from the FAQ posted in one forum that if i stop my movement on a map card with an aggresive goblin, even if i do not go to the portal region of the map card, i do not have to spend the 1 power i would need if i was passing through? But at the same time i do not flip the goblin to the passive side since i did not land on the portal. Is this correct?

What about when i continue my movement next turn? I still don't need to pay? Even if my for example horizontal movement would take me across the goblin region on my starting map card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Y.
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
izajsek wrote:
But at the same time i do not flip the goblin to the passive side since i did not land on the portal. Is this correct?

Yes.

Quote:
What about when i continue my movement next turn? I still don't need to pay?

Correct. You never pay for Aggressive Goblins on the Map Card on which you begin or end your turn. And your starting or ending Region on the Map Card doesn't affect this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathman316 wrote:
izajsek wrote:
But at the same time i do not flip the goblin to the passive side since i did not land on the portal. Is this correct?

Yes.

Quote:
What about when i continue my movement next turn? I still don't need to pay?

Correct. You never pay for Aggressive Goblins on the Map Card on which you begin or end your turn. And your starting or ending Region on the Map Card doesn't affect this.

I see it as because you spend the night there, you manage to sneak by them the next day (if you're looking a for a thematic connection ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
I see it as because you spend the night there, you manage to sneak by them the next day (if you're looking a for a thematic connection ).

Except it still works if both moves are during the same Day - it's more like the goblins having set up an ambush overnight. If you try riding through on horseback, or rafting through, or whatever else, you spring the ambush but have to fight your way clear; if you stop to interact with the locals, you learn about the ambush and can avoid it. And, of course, if you actively seek to engage with the goblins, then you spring the ambush without having to spend further resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.