Zombicide: Green Horde» Forums » General

Subject: Playing Ultimate Survivors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that there's already a thread about the Ultimate Survivors, but I didn't want to re-start the discussions about whether the sculpts are nice/ugly, and whether or not Stretch Goals are Free.

As I try to make up my mind what to get in the Pledge Manager, I'm hoping to get some info from people who've played Ultimate Survivors in the past (I understand they were a thing in modern, right?)

- How much impact do you find playing a survivor with 2 skills at blue has? is it a big change - for example, more or less impact than a survivor like Xuxa with a single, yet very powerful skills?

- How different do the skills tend to be on Ultimate / Standard versions of the same survivor. Should I expect these guys to be mechanically the same as the ZBP Core box guys, with just an extra skill at Blue level, or are they likely to have significantly/completely different skill sets.

thanks for any insight people can offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not entirely answering you're question, personally I find that the game feels pretty much the same once you're in the middle of playing anyway. So with all the other Heros, for me, there's no need to pay for more.

On the other hand, if you have an attachment to the core 6 from BP and you like the sculpts than why not go for it. On the other other hand, the skills will eventually be released so there's no reason you can play with the ultimate skills with the normal minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:

On the other hand, if you have an attachment to the core 6 from BP and you like the sculpts than why not go for it.

That's why I bought them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked them up, but also to make use of them in Massive Darkness. I thought it would be fun to use the original heroes, then when you reach a higher level in the game, swap them with the "Ultimate" version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
- How much impact do you find playing a survivor with 2 skills at blue has? is it a big change - for example, more or less impact than a survivor like Xuxa with a single, yet very powerful skills?
- How different do the skills tend to be on Ultimate / Standard versions of the same survivor. Should I expect these guys to be mechanically the same as the ZBP Core box guys, with just an extra skill at Blue level, or are they likely to have significantly/completely different skill sets.

thanks for any insight people can offer.

Regarding Modern ones:
- Not THAT much. Makes the beginning slightly easier. And most ultimate certainly are less powerfull than certain regular (Xuxa or Klom, for instance)
- There are 2 blue and some switch in oranges/reds to most powerfull/effective skills. Yet the main flavour of the character stays.
Amy and Ultimae Amy is a good example, where the red "Medic" switches to second blue, and is replaced by a red Bloodlust: Combat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the sculpts, and IIRC they're KSE.

But I did hear a rumor that someone will have reusable blue level stickers on the market to turn any character into an Ultimate Survivor. If that is any consolation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I got them just cause I thought the sculpts were cool and seriously why not. I am glad Ben heard the same sticker rumor as I did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand this sticker thing? A blank reusable character card I get, but what's the sticker do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
I don't understand this sticker thing? A blank reusable character card I get, but what's the sticker do?

Place the blue sticker on their card to make anyone into an Ultimate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:

From what I understand they will be nearly identical to the current level blue skills, with all the available skills from the rulebook. So you can make any survivor an ultimate survivor, or I guess you could change any characters blue level skill. But if they are blank and you had to write on it I'm not interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
typo360 wrote:

From what I understand they will be nearly identical to the current level blue skills, with all the available skills from the rulebook. So you can make any survivor an ultimate survivor, or I guess you could change any characters blue level skill. But if they are blank and you had to write on it I'm not interested.

Ahh so it's a pre-printed sheet of reusable stickers. So it'd just stick over the extra action skill.

I'm curious if the ultimate's get all new skills or just one of them is converted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ettore Cavalieri
Brazil
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What have tempted me towards the Ultimate Heroes is that Zombicide Green Horde, in my personal view, had a huge increase in the difficult level into nothing ever seen before.

- Hordes coming from nearby entries unexpected.
- 12 abominations from the kickstarter.
- A Bloody dragon coming all the time, intantly killing people where he lands and sometimes demanding hits from weapons you not yet possess.
- 2 Abominations who instantly kills you, one of them killing multiple heroes in a single hit.

It seens to me that if you want to play the game on its highest difficult, the Ultimate Heroes will be very handy. And I like challenges, that's what have ever made Zombicide a great game in my opinion!.

-New abominations + old ones, in my case, counting 17 of them lurking around the board.
- New Necromancers demanding high attention (So far I only have one, there will be 5 new ones demand urgent stop)
- The Dragon...

Some help in addition seens necessary to me.
If I don't like them anyway, there will always be people to pay for them. Having back exactly What I have payed is good enough

And I have been wondering if the Companions will also be utterly necessary given the difficult increase...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Ziruga wrote:
What have tempted me towards the Ultimate Heroes is that Zombicide Green Horde, is that in my personal view, CMRN have increased the difficult level into nothing ever seen before.

- Hordes coming from nearby entries unexpected.
- 12 abominations from the kickstarter.
- A Bloody dragon coming all the time, intantly killing people where he lands and sometimes demanting hits from weapons you not yet possess.
- 2 Abominations who instantly kills you, one of them killing multiple heroes in a single hit.
good enough

And I have been wondering if the Companions will also be utterly necessary given the difficult increase...

Not sure if I am totally 100% happy with the Power Creep ...

Compared to Black Plague core game, things are only getting harder and harder. Wulfsburg already was quite a bit tougher, now the standard is zombie orcs that do 2 damage instead of 1 (except the runners) we get yet another new Abomination pack.

In return we are getting better and better weapons and a bigger choice in heroes as well. I fear the heroes and weapons that were considered average or normal will be made redundant if the power creep goes any further and we will only play with very good heroes. For instance those able to do 3 damage so they can kill abominations - survivors with Super Strength or +1 Damage (melee) and a hammer. Not sure if anyone really wants to run around the board with 10 abominations and a dragon on it and not a single hero that can kill them (except dragon bile - or the new ballista).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
Now the standard is zombie orcs that do 2 damage instead of 1 (except the runners)
Runners are still more dangerous than in Black Plague as it's been confirmed that they will be more numerous.

Teowulff wrote:
Not sure if I am totally 100% happy with the Power Creep ...
Compared to Black Plague core game, things are only getting harder and harder.
I don't think it is really Power Creep, but more like additional options.
If playing against the dragon, several Aboms, or the Tainted Walkers, then players may want to balance it with the Ultimate Survivors or with the Familiars.

Regarding Green Horde, I think the new stronger zombies are balanced by the catapult/trebuchet, and the new environment elements, which should keep zombies at bay.
Also, the increased difficulty is welcome, as (with the core content alone) most Black Plague scenarios are too easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ettore Cavalieri
Brazil
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Even with the boss pack, if you have wulfsburg it still easy... Have made 4 games in a row with all the abom boss and all their cards on the pile and we did fine.

The difficult is welcoming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.