Subject: My suggestions to streamline the game and simplify the actions: rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dietrich Terasa
Germany
Steinbergkirche
flag msg tools
Low season
All own tents should be first located below the media areas on your own player board and not on the Ardeche-Board; the 3 orange tents for the travel guide entry too. This could be used as a registration for the next high season (as part of the reception). In a later edition, you could add a reception area below the media areas (image: Reception) for these tents (registration).
This handles better:
To transfer the guests from the media area to the (reception-) area below it on the player board.
To build a facility on the Ardeche-Board - replacing the tent chip by the facility chip.
High season
In the high season the point A is better and more thematic to handle too:
A 1.) The bonuses of the upgrades are executing first: to move the tents from the campground-receptions on the player boards(later: reception areas on the playerboards) and the orange tents from the village area to the facilities.
A 2.) Then the remaining tents (including the 3 orange tents of the travel guide entry) can be placed on the own tent sites or in the mayor's house, bear in mind the maximum amount.
At the end of the high season, each player takes back his colored tents (and 3 oranges of the travel guide entry) from the Ardeche-Board to his player board (later: Reception area); the 6 orange tents (sauna, hostel and 24/7 cleaning) come back to the village.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Willem van Dijk
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi Dietrich as a matter of fact this was the way of playing the game until a very late stadium in the designing process. It was a hassle though, every season again every tent on the board and off the board.

So we chose this way for a quicker gameplay and ensured the overview by placing the not-bought tents yet on the player board. So everyone could see how far every player was in the marketing process.

Or maybe do not get the point of your innovation? What will be streamlined by it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Leenaerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get what Dietrich is saying, this was something that has come up during my three plays too. Firstly the way the rules are written now is a little confusing and secondly it's thematically a bit weird that we're placing tents in the low season while those same tents have to be redistributed in the high season. Last time I played some players put all their tents at their reception just because it seemed more logical and it doesn't make any sense to distribute them on your sites since the placement only gets important during high season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dietrich Terasa
Germany
Steinbergkirche
flag msg tools
That was my first idea, too: To put my tents on the reception-site in the low season and gather them there from the Ardeche-Board at the end instead of the start of the high season.
I suppose, we think the same, because I'm also a teacher ;-).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.