Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Just opening a spot for any game questions anyone might have as we approach the KS next month for Legends of Sleepy Hollow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the solo game be beat your own high score or win against an AI opponent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like to hear how the game flows. How does action point allowance mix with the card driven mechanism and story telling? Can you walk us through a turn or round?

Also, +1 to the question regarding solo play. Is it a solo puzzle or is there an enemy AI?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:

It's a campaign, party based co-op game so the solo play is the same as multi player- you are working to complete/win each chapter and reveal the story. Your choices and character upgrades carry over from chapter to chapter.

The enemies have a movement and priority AI they follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
Rindel wrote:

It's a campaign, party based co-op game so the solo play is the same as multi player- you are working to complete/win each chapter and reveal the story. Your choices and character upgrades carry over from chapter to chapter.

Okay, Thanks. Can you complete the campaign with one character or will two or more be needed to win?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been able to hear enough about the game to have questions!

Is it a card game, board game, pen and paper? I can see if going anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:
riddlen wrote:
Rindel wrote:

Okay, Thanks. Can you complete the campaign with one character or will two or more be needed to win?

The story will play out across all four main characters so the gameplay involves all four characters as well. As a solo game, it plays very much like a party based RPG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
I'd really like to hear how the game flows. How does action point allowance mix with the card driven mechanism and story telling? Can you walk us through a turn or round?

Also, +1 to the question regarding solo play. Is it a solo puzzle or is there an enemy AI?

The game is driven by an action selection mechanic that works very much like a skill bar. Players have a set number of action markers (the number varies by character) they use to select either basic skills that are always available on their player mat or special abilities that are on cards in their skill bar above thier player board. Once used, the special skills are blocked until a player has used all of thier action markers (think cooldown) at which point the action markers are cleared from all skills and returned to thier starting pool. BUT as players encounter the denizens of Sleepy Hollow they can take Fear that goes into their action pool, slowing down the "refresh" of thier actions until it is removed or used - but it can only be used to take the basic actions. It creates a really dynamic and immersive experience where our heroes are working to overcome thier fear and continue the search.

A round is all characters take an action in any order, then the AI, repeat. The gameplay is based on the progression of the mission/chapter.

Characters will be getting new skills, equipment, and more from the environment, missions, etc that will carry over between games as you build and upgrade your characters over the course of <redacted> unique chapters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
I haven't been able to hear enough about the game to have questions!

Is it a card game, board game, pen and paper? I can see if going anyway

That is why I am here!

It is a minis and card driven cooperative campaign game that plays 1-4p over the course of <redacted> chapters with a fully realized story and persistent campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
Rindel wrote:
riddlen wrote:
Rindel wrote:

The story will play out across all four main characters so the gameplay involves all four characters as well. As a solo game, it plays very much like a party based RPG.

So one player would have to control all 4 characters for solo play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always been a sucker for Sleepy Hollow lore and minis. I've been checking out the artists other work and it looks great.

Best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:
riddlen wrote:
Rindel wrote:
riddlen wrote:
Rindel wrote:

So one player would have to control all 4 characters for solo play?

Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's replayability like? So far it sounds like Imperial Assault: Sleepy Hollow Edition, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkranex wrote:
What's replayability like? So far it sounds like Imperial Assault: Sleepy Hollow Edition, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The game is definitely re-playable.
All content / surprises etc are non-destructible.

Additionally, the characters will feel different depending on how you build them up / the choices you make and swag you get each time through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Wittenberg
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ben and Matt - When do we get to see some teaser pics of board / components / cards / etc...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdwitt wrote:
Hi Ben and Matt - When do we get to see some teaser pics of board / components / cards / etc...?

The crew at greater than games are going to be releasing art and information over the next month leading up to the kick starter. This will include art and boards and sculps for the minis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Beitler
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm anxiously awaiting this to launch on Kickstarter. As a fan of campaign games and story/adventure board games, I'm really hoping this one will turn out to be as good as I think it will. Planning to back this one right away when it launches, and telling my friends about it too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nathanbeitler wrote:
I'm anxiously awaiting this to launch on Kickstarter. As a fan of campaign games and story/adventure board games, I'm really hoping this one will turn out to be as good as I think it will. Planning to back this one right away when it launches, and telling my friends about it too!

Thank you Nathan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Beitler
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you tell us if your Kickstarter campaign will include any exclusives for backers? It seems like most every KS campaign that has minis in it has offerings of this sort to push the preorders. I'm just looking for a yes or no, not specific information that includes spoilers. Although I do keep checking the GTG website to see if any tidbits of information is being revealed, and there's not much info to be gleaned, yet. I thought there would be a bit more reveals by this point in the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nathanbeitler wrote:
Can you tell us if your Kickstarter campaign will include any exclusives for backers? It seems like most every KS campaign that has minis in it has offerings of this sort to push the preorders. I'm just looking for a yes or no, not specific information that includes spoilers. Although I do keep checking the GTG website to see if any tidbits of information is being revealed, and there's not much info to be gleaned, yet. I thought there would be a bit more reveals by this point in the game...

I will direct this one to the GTG folks and let you know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Beitler
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
Nathanbeitler wrote:

I will direct this one to the GTG folks and let you know!

It's been a week Matt! What say you, now, on the topic of KSEs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GTG tends to add promos and expansions that are sold separately based on fate of the elder gods and spirit island. Boo to exclusives, yay to extra content
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
coldkorn wrote:
GTG tends to add promos and expansions that are sold separately based on fate of the elder gods and spirit island. Boo to exclusives, yay to extra content

Yes, this. We will be adding more content as promotionals, which will include:

- A completely separate press-your-luck solo card game that is based on Ichabod Crane's journey home after the Van Tassel harvest party (with some art that ties into the full Legends of Sleepy Hollow game)

- Stretch goals that will eventually form a small expansion that adds new Chapter scenario mats with increased difficulty and special Foe abilities for players who have completed the game

- A promotional Chapter Foe action marker for the scenario mats

And more that we can't really talk about right now (cuz spoilers)

But, to fully address the original question - we have not and will not offer Kickstarter exclusives. Some of our items may be promotionals that we give away at conventions, etc., but there are no KS exclusives.

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Beitler
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:
coldkorn wrote:

- A completely separate press-your-luck solo card game that is based on Ichabod Crane's journey home after the Van Tassel harvest party (with some art that ties into the full Legends of Sleepy Hollow game)

- Stretch goals that will eventually form a small expansion that adds new Chapter scenario mats with increased difficulty and special Foe abilities for players who have completed the game

But, to fully address the original question - we have not and will not offer Kickstarter exclusives. Some of our items may be promotionals that we give away at conventions, etc., but there are no KS exclusives.

Cheers,
Chris

Ok Chris. Thanks for the response. I’m fine with things either way.

BTW, I expect to get more Screen Issues from you when the Kickstarter concludes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Nathanbeitler wrote:
ckirkman wrote:
coldkorn wrote:

Cheers,
Chris

Ok Chris. Thanks for the response. I’m fine with things either way.

BTW, I expect to get more Screen Issues from you when the Kickstarter concludes!

I’ll make that a stretch goal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.