Star Wars: Rebellion – Rise of the Empire» Forums » General

Subject: Admiral Raddus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Anyone else disappointed Admiral Raddus is not a leader in the expansion? cry

He would have been a 3 space admiral for sure!!

Maybe with a hammerhead action card lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefaninator wrote:

as always the rebels have more options than the designers knew what to do with, while the Empire don't have enough.

the best example: We get a made up named squad in Krennic's finest as a leader.

I think we already have 1 mon-calamarian 3 space tactic admiral...i think the hammer-head action card could have been part of the "Ion Blast" art or something. this would have explained the damage the card does and played homage to what you speak of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
jooice wrote:
Stefaninator wrote:

as always the rebels have more options than the designers knew what to do with, while the Empire don't have enough.

I think we already have 1 mon-calamarian 3 space tactic admiral...i think the hammer-head action card could have been part of the "Ion Blast" art or something. this would have explained the damage the card does and played homage to what you speak of.

I agree it's a problem.

Who would you sacrifice on Rebel side? Maybe the Chinese guy.

Also Jabba is not the best choice for an Empire leader but I understand people want him in the game and his cards are pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefaninator wrote:
jooice wrote:
Stefaninator wrote:

I agree it's a problem.

Also Jabba is not the best choice for an Empire leader but I understand people want him in the game and his cards are pretty cool.

I really thought that Chirrut would be Baze and Chirrut - a dou on a card, it makes sense, if anything Baze was more of a "leader" in that battle. at least they could have made him a ring - instead it is an action card(Baze’s Loyalty ), and a mission(his picture on assault).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
jooice wrote:
Stefaninator wrote:
jooice wrote:
Stefaninator wrote:

I agree it's a problem.

I really thought that Chirrut would be Baze and Chirrut - a dou on a card, it makes sense, if anything Baze was more of a "leader" in that battle. at least they could have made him a ring - instead it is an action card(Baze’s Loyalty ), and a mission(his picture on assault).

Admiral Raddus makes a lot more sense as a tactic value leader then Chirrut for the Rebels, atleast in my opinion.

Maybe they should have added Chirrut/Baze as rings instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
Chirrut and Baze rings would have been nice touches to make room for Raddus.

As mentioned there aren't many on-screen Imperials of note to draw from, one option would be one of the high council members like Screed (who had an EU backstory as part of his appearance in the PC game and has now been canon-ified in the Tarkin novel).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefaninator wrote:
jooice wrote:
Stefaninator wrote:
jooice wrote:
Stefaninator wrote:

I agree it's a problem.

Admiral Raddus makes a lot more sense as a tactic value leader then Chirrut for the Rebels, atleast in my opinion.

Maybe they should have added Chirrut/Baze as rings instead.

I could see that.
no arguments there.

But 2 fish, 1 was a nice novelty....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
Stefaninator wrote:
jooice wrote:
Stefaninator wrote:

I agree it's a problem.

It basically is. Chirrut has an action card which basically represents "And Baze too"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
Stefaninator wrote:

The designers are just choosing not to use characters that are important but don't appear on screen. Which is weird to me because they do so in the base game with Soonter Fel.

Krennic's Finest is an absurd choice for a leader and that alone will probably effect my final rating of the game. There are so many other important imperial leaders that could be used. Even if you only pull from the new canon there are so many important officers and various leaders that could have been picked other than "generic deathtroopers."

At least give the name of the Death Trooper commander.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
David Umstattd wrote:
jooice wrote:
Stefaninator wrote:

The designers are just choosing not to use characters that are important but don't appear on screen. Which is weird to me because they do so in the base game with Soonter Fel.

Krennic's Finest is an absurd choice for a leader and that alone will probably effect my final rating of the game. There are so many other important imperial leaders that could be used. Even if you only pull from the new canon there are so many important officers and various leaders that could have been picked other than "generic deathtroopers."

I agree Krennic's finest as a leader with tactic values is not a good choice either.

Keeping the Death troopers would be cool, maybe as a ring instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefaninator wrote:
David Umstattd wrote:
jooice wrote:
Stefaninator wrote:

I agree Krennic's finest as a leader with tactic values is not a good choice either.

Keeping the Death troopers would be cool, maybe as a ring instead.

The choice of KF is bad, and the stats are also annoying.
At least they could have given a space tactic of zero or only 1 large red symbol and some small ones, that way they wouldn't be better than veers. Disappointing to say the least
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
David Umstattd wrote:
Chirrut has an action card which basically represents "And Baze too"

Heh, only reading this comment made me realise that "Baze" in the name of this card isn't the name of guy this card belongs to. I think I even referred to this card as "Baze's action card" in the past at least once.

I guess it just goes to show how much I care about "Star Wars" in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
If they had picked Iden Versio instead of Krennics Finest and kept the stats the same I would have been elated. Seriously considering modding this. Would be so much more thematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
If they had picked Iden Versio instead of Krennics Finest and kept the stats the same I would have been elated. Seriously considering modding this. Would be so much more thematic.

Is she just from the battlefront videogames?

that's a little weird.

TBH i would prefer Darth JarJar if we are going to characters that aren't really in the movies.

I think i have made my piece that with the bad leader choice for KF, i just haven't accepted that the leader is definitively better than Veers, i really have thought of somehow making him worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.