Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim S
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this for the first time last night, and we came across a situation like this (sorry, I don't own the game, so this is the best I could do):

During the turn, something was scored that triggered wall placements, followed by a tower (the brown circle in the picture). Since the market cannot be added to, does it score now, or would it have to wait until another wall is built on that end? I suppose the answer would be the same regardless of whether the tower was there or not, but it was in our game, so I included it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A similar question was asked in this thread: Walls Creating a Dead End...

In that thread, the question was about a street (or road) instead of market.

The response given was that the street would not be scored until it was explicitly closed off with a wall.

For streets, the rules are pretty clear, saying that a street is considered complete only when all its ends terminate in a crossing, another feature, or a wall.

For markets, the rules do say that a complete market must be "bordered on all sides," but they also say that they are complete if they cannot be further continued (as in the example given in this thread).

I would say that the rules for streets should also apply to markets, that they actually must be closed off by walls, but I do not know for certain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick West
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity....
badge
....and I'm not certain about the universe." Albert Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody I know plays it that way - scored when actually closed off.

Remember when the game ends the walls are deemed to enclose all external tiles (i.e. not 'holes' internal to the city|) and so all unfinished markets and roads score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.